New season | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New season

Sep 6, 2006
edengreen":hmxhna79 said:
Hardly assisting clubs in the lower leagues playing with no crowds is it having to have five subs
Now I dint mind if they introduce such a rule as long as 2 have to be home grown under 23s so that youngsters get a chance
However would this stifle them I.e. tather than playing u23 games or eserves they end up travelling miles and miles without getting game time ?

But a big no no for me changibgvthings to suit premier league

Teams have to have 5 subs anyway! But I agree its very disruptive. Also there should be a rule not allowing subs in injury time as 9 times out of 10 its just a ruse to waste time.
As for disinfecting goal posts and corner flags. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Heard it all now.

Mar 16, 2009
London
gru_mpy":13oxmabx said:
I believe 5 subs and commercial 'drinks' breaks are here to stay, and sooner or later it will filter down the pyramid. It's all part of the gradual 'Americanisation' of our National sport. By and large the one area Sky have yet to conquer is the US and, given that your average sport watching Yank has an attention span of five minutes, I feel Sky and the PL are paving the way towards a major assault on the American market. Big bucks!

I'm probably completely wrong of course but that's the way I see it. The game has changed beyond recognition since the odious PL was created (mainly to make the 6 richest clubs even richer) and I don't like it.

Take me back to the 1960s or 70s........I liked it there.

Did you like the crowd violence, the misogyny, the racism, the feudal contracts, the exploitation of players and the hostile non-family environment at matches too?

Justin":ds1272z6 said:
gru_mpy":ds1272z6 said:
I believe 5 subs and commercial 'drinks' breaks are here to stay, and sooner or later it will filter down the pyramid. It's all part of the gradual 'Americanisation' of our National sport. By and large the one area Sky have yet to conquer is the US and, given that your average sport watching Yank has an attention span of five minutes, I feel Sky and the PL are paving the way towards a major assault on the American market. Big bucks!

I'm probably completely wrong of course but that's the way I see it. The game has changed beyond recognition since the odious PL was created (mainly to make the 6 richest clubs even richer) and I don't like it.

Did you like the crowd violence, the misogyny, the racism, the feudal contracts, the exploitation of players and the hostile non-family environment at matches too?

Spot on. And did you also prefer the mud-bath pitches, hoof-ball, filthy toilets, poor catering, constant bad weather cancellations thru poor pitches?

Sep 25, 2010
So it looks like they will be no water break.

But on the 5 subs regulation, doesn’t it look like a pre-season friendly towards the end of the game, when managers and winning teams, will seek to disrupt the match with endless subs.

Look what they do with it now with 3 subs, look what they could do with 5 subs.

It will become a farce.

Sep 6, 2006
Justin":2245qrdi said:
gru_mpy":2245qrdi said:

Also the mud-bath pitches and the way more skilful players were kicked out of the game with no consequence.

Martyn":37bmwjej said:

But on the 5 subs regulation, doesn’t it look like a pre-season friendly towards the end of the game, when managers and winning teams, will seek to disrupt the match with endless subs.

It will become a farce.

They are only allowed to make subs on 3 different occasions. So cannot make 5 seperate subs at different times.

Sep 25, 2010
Baughly":2vivdeyh said:
Martyn":2vivdeyh said:

It will become a farce.

They are only allowed to make subs on 3 different occasions. So cannot make 5 seperate subs at different times.

That doesn’t make any difference at all, they. Could make 3 separate subs, in the last 10 mins.

Oct 5, 2013
Martyn":1cmnzjex said:

It will become a farce.

Agree with having only 3 subs. It is a game requiring stamina, and 5 would be too many from that viewpoint alone. If half the outfield team could be replaced, then why not have 10 subs and let them all be replaced?!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Martyn":12ea2ly1 said:
Baughly":12ea2ly1 said:
Martyn":12ea2ly1 said:

It will become a farce.

That doesn’t make any difference at all, they. Could make 3 separate subs, in the last 10 mins.

..... which they have been able to do for years.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
The PL have rejected the continuation of 5 subs for next season.
Good oh.