New shares issued | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New shares issued

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
It amounts to 5.3m shares added at £0.754 per share making an additional investment / increase in equity of £4m by somebody. Simon added £7m in November 2023. This £4m may be the additional investment to total the £11m he originally pledged for Brickfields.

Wasn’t those shares for Brickfields issued a while ago?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Let's just be happy this investment is capitalised rather than the monies are contributed as loans. It shows greater confidence in the Club. All will be revealed in due course, I am sure.

Reactions: jimbogreen

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Think this is a new investor who has just put £4m into the club for 5.3m worth of shares at 75p a share.

But who is it?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Maybe the new (bigger) investor is already here and it's Nick Giannotti?

Simon Hallett started off low key when James Brent was owner and had a small share before buying more and more shares so perhaps Giannotti is doing the same, he and Argyle Green currently own 10% of shares, he's gone on record as financially contributing to the purchase of Goals and helping out with the Brickfields project, he also said he would like to invest more if SH thinks its right and proper.
Giannotti might also attract new investors into the Argyle Green consortium?

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Looks like the shares in issue have increased by around 5 million against what was last reported in 2023. So if Simon does have the new ones he will now be well over 90% again. The £36.2million is simply the aggregate nominal value of the ordinary shares - based on their individual nominal values (there are 2 categories of ordinary shares). It does not represent the market "value" of the company - that will be for accountants and potential owners to argue about.

My guess is that the release of more equity reflects SHs payment re the Brickfields initiative. However it does make for interesting thoughts around any new investors that might appear. They could buy shares from SH - but that doesn't give the club any new cash. Or the club increases the share capital again - thus potentially diluting SH's own holding. Or a combination of the two. For me the critical thing is for SH to remain as majority shareholder - at least for sometime to come. However quite often a new investor might be quite happy to take a minority stake with the potential to increase in years to come. Ie - an orderly changing of the guard

What I can't see happening is anyone simply throwing money at it other than by buying shares (ie by significant unsecured loans). Unless of course one of us wins the Euromillion's jackpot.
Five million shares at 75p reckon I could invest £50 to help Simon ! Seriously though back in the day wasn't there a share issue for fans? I'm assuming everyone lost there money based on the administration though

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I had shares, sadly I lost everything. :cry:

ABout £50 from memory. :)

Timeout

Jade Berrow 23/24
Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
I'm going to make a stupid suggestion now, but here goes....

Is it not possible to do a share issue for fans, but all money raised has a covenant that says it can only be invested by the club (in something"relativity"secure like a bond) and never touched except in the event of a financial crisis/admin/threat of going bust?

Would this not give clubs and fans a degree of safety knowing that 1) they own part of the club and therefore have some rights and 2) provide a safety net in the case of bad owners/financial conditions in the future? And go towards saving the club (maybe even leveraging out said bad owners).

Speaking generally for all clubs not argyle here. The fan owned strategy always seemed like a nice idea in theory but doesn't really work in practice.

Maybe this would even give a degree of accountability to the owners. It's their business but it's a community asset so should be different.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I'm going to make a stupid suggestion now, but here goes....

Is it not possible to do a share issue for fans, but all money raised has a covenant that says it can only be invested by the club (in something"relativity"secure like a bond) and never touched except in the event of a financial crisis/admin/threat of going bust?

Would this not give clubs and fans a degree of safety knowing that 1) they own part of the club and therefore have some rights and 2) provide a safety net in the case of bad owners/financial conditions in the future? And go towards saving the club (maybe even leveraging out said bad owners).

Speaking generally for all clubs not argyle here. The fan owned strategy always seemed like a nice idea in theory but doesn't really work in practice.

Maybe this would even give a degree of accountability to the owners. It's their business but it's a community asset so should be different.

This has already been talked about and Simon shot it down think it was due to all the paperwork etc it would involve

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
You could always make the minimum larger. Say 10k minimum. Maybe even then it’s too much overhead.
It's a nice idea, but when you see four million being put into some new shares, you need 400 people putting that much in each to match it.

Them those 400 people would probably have to reach a consensus if they had one seat on the board.

If you could do the first part, that's one thing but the idea of having 400 Argyle fans who agree on something is a bit too much to believe!

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
It's a nice idea, but when you see four million being put into some new shares, you need 400 people putting that much in each to match it.

Them those 400 people would probably have to reach a consensus if they had one seat on the board.

If you could do the first part, that's one thing but the idea of having 400 Argyle fans who agree on something is a bit too much to believe!
Couldn’t you state that the voting be delegated to the chairman for those 10k holdings?

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
The ownership model of football in GB is unsustainable… this is clear. For the last 25 or so years the Germans have turned to a 50+1 model as set out below (apart from three or so clubs, particularly the despised club from Leipzig).
If Bayern Munich can adhere to this model and be successful then so can we (yeah I know Leverkusen and Bayer)… indeed IMO if this sort of model is not implemented then all the talk of “it’s the fans’ club” etc is just tosh.

Reactions: ChepstowGreen
Feb 20, 2021
Slightly different to a share issue, Exeter Chiefs have had a fairly successful Bond scheme to fund infrastructure projects and expansion at Sandy Park. Off the top of my head the minimum investment was £1000 paying 7% interest per year. Which raised £6million initially in 2013 and another £10 million a couple of years ago. Would this be an option?

Jun 27, 2019
Simon has twice been asked about this at fans forums and his body language was even more negative than what he actually said. It will not be happening while he's owner.

Reactions: Jon with no H