New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 38 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It will now become FACT though.

It's the way the Neggies work. "I saw it on Pasoti". :facepalm:

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":3j6nc01m said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3j6nc01m said:
I'll simply continue to call things out when they are clearly and obviously crap/sh1te/amateur/embarrassing. The same as I'll recognise when strides are taken to demonstrate ambition and make us more professional across the board - and again kudos to Hallett because he has actioned some significant positive changes already.

I'll give your 'adulation' of SH to last until about June/July.

By then I fully expect you to revert to type.

You're not if nothing else consistent.

Oh rest assured, if Hallett were to demonstrate Brent-like actions that benefited Simon Hallett Esq. to the detriment of PAFC, I'd be on his case too.

Thankfully and demonstrably, Hallett ain't Brent.

:thumbs:

Aug 5, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":3sri2nan said:
Quizmike":3sri2nan said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3sri2nan said:
IJN":3sri2nan said:
You and few others Andy? :greensmile:

Again I ask, what IS the rush?

Has anyone been put out by this occurrence?

So presumably Ian, if the equivalent fitting out of the main stand were to mirror this debacle and take three times longer than planned - finishing some time in 2021, you'd be saying the same - "what's the rush?"

Sometimes when things are patently crap, even you are allowed to call it.

What evidence is there that this might happen?

Eh? I'm not saying it might. It was used as an example to ask Ian if he'd use the same "what's the rush" question if the same level of delay (three times longer, at least, than planned) were replicated in the main revamp.

But what if it was two days over,, as the shop is now?

I'm just confused by people's reaction to a six month scheme running over a tiny bit. It's not exactly a Spurs scenario is it?

And we'd have something I the contract that we get money back if it's not finished on time.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Don't mention Spurs FFS.

Imagine the gaggle of bully boys if they were Spurs fans eh?

:lol:

These armchair experts eh??

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Quizmike":17lb1ivm said:
The Grumpy Loyal":17lb1ivm said:
Quizmike":17lb1ivm said:
The Grumpy Loyal":17lb1ivm said:
IJN":17lb1ivm said:

So presumably Ian, if the equivalent fitting out of the main stand were to mirror this debacle and take three times longer than planned - finishing some time in 2021, you'd be saying the same - "what's the rush?"

Eh? I'm not saying it might. It was used as an example to ask Ian if he'd use the same "what's the rush" question if the same level of delay (three times longer, at least, than planned) were replicated in the main revamp.

I'm just confused by people's reaction to a six month scheme running over a tiny bit. It's not exactly a Spurs scenario is it?

And we'd have something I the contract that we get money back if it's not finished on time.

Mike, the modular units were dropped in in July with a scheduled 8 week build/fit out. September was the original opening date. Everything since then has been 'delay'.

(Seamlessly back on-topic)

Aug 5, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":yp1xee8q said:
Quizmike":yp1xee8q said:
Quizmike":yp1xee8q said:
IJN":yp1xee8q said:

Mike, the modular units were dropped in in July with a scheduled 8 week build/fit out. September was the original opening date. Everything since then has been 'delay'.

(Seamlessly back on-topic)

Did not know this. I always thought it was a 2019 date

A

andyr1963

IJN":1dwyiuxi said:

My "rush" is having a 6 year old Grandson with a season ticket every home game asking the same question "When can I sit over there and watch a game Grandad?" His older brother has seen a game from the old grandstand and he is impatient to do the same. Same question every home game. :lol:
Tomorrow I will tell him "You'll be able to sit over there sometime next year" (Fingers crossed) because the stand being ready in 223 days has become a very sad joke. Still no rush.
By getting the shop / ticket office up and running would show a modicum of progress, first piece of the jigsaw complete. One bit done, plenty to do but one bit done.

Have I been "put out" by a delay to an opening of a shop :funny: NAH course not, just irritated enough to voice my concerns on a fan site.

Stood outside looking in the whole project looks decidedly amateurish.

Still, bring on Coventry, the team who may not have a home again next season. :shock:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep I spoke to someone up there at the start of the season and they are even checking out the local rugby ground which has at the moment (or it did then) a capacity of something like 4,500!!!!

As for your amateurish comment, fo you really think so? I was super impressed with Wring and the demolition and from what I’ve seen so far of GL and what they are doing I’d say the very opposite.

The shop and ticket office has been a bit of a dog’s dinner but the crap I’ve seen hurled at Jon Back about that has been nothing short of disgraceful and is tantamount to bullying in my mind.

But that seems to be the nature of the beast these days. A fan like Jon gets his dream job and he has to put up with this crap.

May 16, 2016
Surely, just a couple of paragraphs to give everyone a quick update on the 'Front of Shop' that even non Argyle supporting dog walkers must walk by and wonder what's going on, would go a little way to informing the majority and perhaps, diminishing the angst and rabid theorising of those who take it all a little too seriously and personally ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Totally agree.

Saying that we’d then get people labouring over every word complaining about spelling mistakes.

May 8, 2011
Speaking to staff in the shop this week it would seem they all know when the new shop is opening, as they told me the date, and that it will have lots of new lines of goodies to buy.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The ‘whole project’ looks amateurish, Andy? As in the the grandstand in general?

You can’t possibly think that if you’ve been following the webcams and the GoS updates.

May 3, 2017
Hi, can someone let me know where I can collect my match ticket tomorrow with all the building work going on? Living in the midlands I haven’t been down to Home Park for a while. Thanks in advance.