Newport players could be in trouble | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Newport players could be in trouble

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
davie nine":2zfc171r said:
Pogleswoody":2zfc171r said:
Obviously his actions should be investigated. ban him!!

Anyway, I think it was a bit 'embarrassing' when a couple of the ball boys hung on to the ball, even moving it round behind their back at one stage. Their job is to retrieve the ball, not keep it away from the opposing team who, in a way, are our 'guests' for the day.
I'm hoping that the ball boys aren't encouraged to do this? :shock:

Someone needs to have a word.
I seem to recall ballboys being ‘retired’ part way through the second half when we were in the lead in the not too distant past.
Newport players were still wrong to swear at and insult the ballboy, though.

This for me. Pretty embarrassing if we as a club are encouraging our ball boys to engage in gamesmanship. They are there to retrieve the ball and give it to the player as quickly as possible, regardless of the team. If our ball boys are not doing this, the club needs to have a word with them and make sure they are treating both teams fairly.

The game has become too obsessed these days with the 'win at all costs' mentality. It would be nice if Argyle bucked this trend and did things fairly.

Quite frankly if this ball boy did deliberately keep the ball away from the Newport players, a sharp word in his ear is not really that surprising.