News of Greens on Screen - updated Sunday 5th May | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

News of Greens on Screen - updated Sunday 5th May

Jan 5, 2019
Anyone know what has happened to the greens on screen web page, as i went to view new Sunday pictures last week on a few devices now & it's saying 'service unavailable' on everything.

As well as that webcams was working until today when i looked at them, that is saying 'camera not available', it's usually the norm that one is unavailable every now & again but for all 3 to be out?

If anyone could help or link me to a post already answered on this subject would be much appreciated, as can't find anything on here about it & now can't view anything about our refurbishment which is annoying as it's been well published & documented for argyle fans to see up till now. :sigh: :think:

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
On the webcams; Cam 3 seems have gone down after it was hit by a crane, and they may have switched Cams 1 and 2 off as the team started training on the pitch and they might not want any Scunthorpe type people watching.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
BcbC2312":33vbukjd said:
Anyone know what has happened to the greens on screen web page, as i went to view new Sunday pictures last week on a few devices now & it's saying 'service unavailable' on everything.

As well as that webcams was working until today when i looked at them, that is saying 'camera not available', it's usually the norm that one is unavailable every now & again but for all 3 to be out?

If anyone could help or link me to a post already answered on this subject would be much appreciated, as can't find anything on here about it & now can't view anything about our refurbishment which is annoying as it's been well published & documented for argyle fans to see up till now. :sigh: :think:

Check out the two threads below for some pics until normal service is resumed :scarf:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=107608
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=107595

I would guess webcams 1 + 2 will be back online later today, Jon Back mentioned they were hoping it would be safe to take a look at webcam 3 today also so fingers crossed.

Dec 3, 2005
Just hope everything is backed up, that is the most important thing - everything else can be sorted.

Dont beat yourself up either - we are all behind you - supporting you - thank you and your helpers for everything you do!

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Greens on Screen seems to be back again! That's the good news … however, I've had no notification and having done a quick check, there's something behind the scenes that isn't working. So it could be 'almost' back, or it could be like last Sunday (strange that), when it reappeared for the day and then went again.

It's very good news if it's back, but typical because I've spent countless hours this week trying to rebuild it under a new host. Only a couple more days for that, so I've a decision to make, whether to press that final 'swap' button when I'm ready or keep the faith with A2 Hosting.

Because of the horrendous outage, the very poor treatment of its customers and now a complete lack of faith, I'll probably swap, but let's see. Meanwhile, we'll try to get yesterday's content on as soon as we can.

Not that you want yesterday's content of course, but it has to be done!

Edited to add: Someone has just pointed out that the latest grandstand photos are in February. In fact it's worse than that - the match pages end there too. Fear not, I do have the wherewithal if they don't, but again, let's see what happens over the next few days. But with this news, we won't be adding yesterday's content yet - it just gets too messy.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
GreensOnScreen":1hd4s3sc said:
Greens on Screen seems to be back again!

Edited to add: Someone has just pointed out that the latest grandstand photos are in February. In fact it's worse than that - the match pages end there too. Fear not, I do have the wherewithal if they don't, but again, let's see what happens over the next few days. But with this news, we won't be adding yesterday's content yet - it just gets too messy.

Could be good news if the clock has returned to February. We can avoid dropping those vital points against Rovers and Blackpool :coat:

Aug 26, 2005
Site looks as though it's back now albeit missing about 3 months content :-(

If I read a few posts above I would have known that already :facepalm:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
hstatick":2l8ywhvy said:
Site looks as though it's back now albeit missing about 3 months content :-(

If I read a few posts above I would have known that already :facepalm:

And you waited 14 years. :) Welcome.

Aug 26, 2005
And to think I tried to delete my first ever post. Clearly I have a lot to contribute :crazy:

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Looks like Steve has the site back up to date and running on a new host. Great to see everything back, well done Steve and thanks for your hard work! :scarf:

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Kevin_Gollop":2uy4kh89 said:
Looks like Steve has the site back up to date and running on a new host. Great to see everything back, well done Steve and thanks for your hard work! :scarf:

Actually that's not the case. That's the old host (A2 Hosting), which now seems to be back to where it was before it died on us. However, I'm so far along the road to a new host, I'll continue in that direction and all new stuff will be there once I finally swap. You'll be able to tell it's the new host by an entry in What's New.

Meanwhile, if you didn't get the see the full grandstand images from 8 days ago, they're available on the old site now.