Niall Canavan | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Niall Canavan

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
We're missing Vyner's ability to play the ball out from the back even more than we're missing his pace. None of our current centre backs can play the ball anywhere near as well.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Dan Ellard":2dawo4fb said:
We're missing Vyner's ability to play the ball out from the back even more than we're missing his pace. None of our current centre backs can play the ball anywhere near as well.

Which is why it's so mystifying that Adams failed to sign someone similar.

O'Keefe seems a bit of a waste of a loan, I'd have rather we looked for a CB, but then I suppose that would been a clear admittance of poor summer recruitment.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I'm sure he wanted to sign someone like Vyner but we couldn't afford to. But maybe give Wooton time and he will be come good like Bradley last season.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cobi Budge":3hwntb07 said:
Dan Ellard":3hwntb07 said:

Which is why it's so mystifying that Adams failed to sign someone similar.

O'Keefe seems a bit of a waste of a loan, I'd have rather we looked for a CB, but then I suppose that would been a clear admittance of poor summer recruitment.

I agree. The biggest problem we have is at CB.. I would rather get a higher level (smaller) ball playing CB from a championship reserve or prem U23 team ala Vyner.

Now we used up player budget on O’Keefe where thus could have been better spent IMO.

I’m pro Adams but after 1 win in 14 games even I’m starting to lose faith in Adams tbh.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
r4h4al":nz65clf1 said:
I'm sure he wanted to sign someone like Vyner but we couldn't afford to. But maybe give Wooton time and he will be come good like Bradley last season.

I don’t believe we didn’t have enough in the budget to get one young defensive player in who’s not featuring in their 1st team (who tend to be cheaper than attack minded players) like a prem u23 or reserve team player from a mid table championship side.

We managed to sign these types of players permanently from Arsenal, Man City and Everton and a season long loan from Wolves so why not a CB in the same mould.

To me it’s obvious what we need, and I see it as bad management that attempts haven’t been made to solve this obvious problem.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":3oziv334 said:
r4h4al":3oziv334 said:

I don’t believe we didn’t have enough in the budget to get one young defensive player in who’s not featuring in their 1st team (who tend to be cheaper than attack minded players) like a prem u23 or reserve team player from a mid table championship side.

We managed to sign these types of players permanently from Arsenal, Man City and Everton and a season long loan from Wolves so why not a CB in the same mould.

To me it’s obvious what we need, and I see it as bad management that attempts haven’t been made to solve this obvious problem.

It might be an obvious problem now, but was it obvious before the transfer window closed? That's the problem with the transfer window, you are guessing whether you have got it right and by the time you realise that you have a problem, you're stuck with it until January when the bigger clubs are stockpiling all the talent.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":3u1mn804 said:
JannerinCardiff":3u1mn804 said:
r4h4al":3u1mn804 said:

It might be an obvious problem now, but was it obvious before the transfer window closed? That's the problem with the transfer window, you are guessing whether you have got it right and by the time you realise that you have a problem, you're stuck with it until January when the bigger clubs are stockpiling all the talent.

Ridiculous post. It was Adams job to work out what he needed BEFORE he bought and he is paid a lot of money to get that right. Some of these Adams apologists are pathetic.

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":1j4lz6bq said:
GreenThing":1j4lz6bq said:
JannerinCardiff":1j4lz6bq said:
r4h4al":1j4lz6bq said:

Ridiculous post. It was Adams job to work out what he needed BEFORE he bought and he is paid a lot of money to get that right. Some of these Adams apologists are pathetic.

Has he not got it right, can you see the future. Adams paid a lot, that’s a first for Argyle!

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":2jblx2gd said:
Balham_Green":2jblx2gd said:
GreenThing":2jblx2gd said:
JannerinCardiff":2jblx2gd said:
r4h4al":2jblx2gd said:

Has he not got it right, can you see the future. Adams paid a lot, that’s a first for Argyle!

You are not making any sense as usual.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1mh18y1u said:
GreenThing":1mh18y1u said:
JannerinCardiff":1mh18y1u said:
r4h4al":1mh18y1u said:

I’m not worth arguing with, so f’k off and call someone else pathetic.

*Edited to add*. I could explain what I meant in the post but there’s no point. You’re not interested in debating, you’re just want to ridicule people. You’re favourite words on here - ridiculous and pathetic describe yourself. Your other favourite word, deluded, is you to a tee, deluded that you believe you are cleverer and better than everyone else.

Oct 24, 2010
samjones":3idj52kj said:
Sawyer in at CB with ASB at LB would be my choice anyway so not a great loss

Back 4 needs to be :

Moore cus Riley is sh1te
Edwards cus no other big man choice
Sawyer leader better positioningly
ASB best LB we have

not a patch on

Oscar
Bradley
Vyner
Sawyer

from last year though

Edwards doesn't give us the aerial dominance Sonny did
and no one gives us the pace of Vyner
Have you forgotten that in the two games Edwards and Sawyer were our centre back pairing we conceded six goals.