Nine years ago!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nine years ago!!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
He may well have his wings clipped in Preston at the moment in view of Covid regulations, especially as he is in a vulnerable age group! I wonder if someone thought of him when 'chutzpah' entered the English language?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
He's definitely a showman, in one particular Contingency Group meeting he made sure everyone knew Alex Ferguson was calling him. :lol:

Back in 2011 Stapleton and the directors were floundering and the club needed a football man with contacts - Ridsdale was that man.

Jul 14, 2008
From the outside it’s hard to assess what sort of impact Ridsdale had on the club at that time. But I remember before an away game at Dagenham he came into the pub beer garden, stood on a table, and made quite a passionate speech to the Argyle fans present about his plans to save the club. If nothing else he is an excellent communicator.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I think the thing with Ridsdale is the fact that you don't stay in the game for as long as he has, in positions that he's held, without knowing what you're doing. Obviously what happened with Leeds in the end is a huge stain on his CV (although I'm sure he would have a different view on what happened and why compared to Leeds fans) but ultimately he was a part of saving Argyle and he's been at a relatively successful and stable Preston team for a long time now too.

Most of us will never know what happened behind the scenes during Argyle's administration (still waiting on that book ;) ) but by all accounts we were bloody lucky to come through it at all, let alone with an owner who was as good as James Brent (especially when you consider the alternatives at the time). It's funny, I can still remember where I was when I found out we had been saved - and I found out through PASOTI too!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Alan Turing":rh2ic68k said:
He definitely had his own agenda but I fully believe he wanted to do his best for the club, unlike that buffoon Guilfoyle.

I remember seeing Guilfoyle at the first press conference/briefing and he was wearing an Argyle tie.
I thought: S'funny, I thought he was supposed to be a 'neutral' administrator, doing a job? He doesn't have to 'support' us.

I then googled to find out who/what he was. I found the similar interview when he was involved with Palace (I think it was) and he was wearing a Palace tie.

That really put me on my guard, there is a man who doesn't understand what being a fan really means.

Never met Ridsdale but he was obviously a clever man. But 'a walking holiday'?? :roll: :lol: