No domestic live EFL from next season on iFollow - ATV Too? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

No domestic live EFL from next season on iFollow - ATV Too?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Just got this email from iFollow:

From next season (2024/25), a new rights agreement between the EFL and Sky Sports comes into effect, making Sky Sports the home of the EFL. With over 1,000 EFL fixtures live on Sky Sports via Sky and NOW each season, iFollow will cease to offer domestic live video coverage of EFL matches.

I presume this will apply to Argyle TV too.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth

From next season (2024/25), a new rights agreement between the EFL and Sky Sports comes into effect, making Sky Sports the home of the EFL. With over 1,000 EFL fixtures live on Sky Sports via Sky and NOW each season, iFollow will cease to offer domestic live video coverage of EFL matches.

Surely that relates only to within the UK

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Taken from when the new deal got announced May last year

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL’s domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

Reactions: E4pilgrim
Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Taken from when the new deal got announced May last year

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL’s domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.
Phew!

Reactions: Lobster

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire

No live streaming on Argyle TV confirmation.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
What is the best VPN to use?
Any idea on cost?

Jan 6, 2004
My guess is that at least initially Sky will price Now TV day passes at £10 to match the previous club streaming prices.

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
I hope there is a new platform for watching these games. I watched the QPR game on the red button coverage via Now TV (bonus streams) and it was appalling. The stream crashed every 5 minutes and the quality was poor when it worked. And sky wonder why they lose so many customers to piracy.

Reactions: Gloucester Green
Jun 27, 2019
What is the best VPN to use?
Any idea on cost?
I use Proton. It's free to install and use but you only get three countries to connect to. That's only ever been a problem once in the three years I've been using it (I can't even remember why - but maybe it was something to do with our game being broadcast in all of those three countries so it wouldn't let me buy the pass).