No fans v Gillingham, Plymouth in tier 3 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

No fans v Gillingham, Plymouth in tier 3

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
I had the (mis fortune?) to attend last night,my one and only chance this season,while i was disappointed with the result,and I was seated where i was looking down the pitch instead of about halfway,i enjoyed the occasion with the obvious restrictions being a slight annoyance,but i noted a few things,firstly, the PA system is very clear in the Devonport end,unlike middle of Lyndhurst,(Going on last season's experience) but it was so bleddy loud! I like to play my music at home loud,but my son and I had to shout to each other just to have a conversation,after all, we wern't at a rock concert.
Also,after Semper brought out the teams,which is ok to be loud as we are applauding the team anyway, :scarf: and then when they are
just about to kick off,another batch of unnecessary loud music, :banghead:
Rant and season over> :greensmile:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
rongreenblood":1swxrw25 said:
I had the (mis fortune?) to attend last night,my one and only chance this season,while i was disappointed with the result,and I was seated where i was looking down the pitch instead of about halfway,i enjoyed the occasion with the obvious restrictions being a slight annoyance,but i noted a few things,firstly, the PA system is very clear in the Devonport end,unlike middle of Lyndhurst,(Going on last season's experience) but it was so bleddy loud! I like to play my music at home loud,but my son and I had to shout to each other just to have a conversation,after all, we wern't at a rock concert.
Also,after Semper brought out the teams,which is ok to be loud as we are applauding the team anyway, :scarf: and then when they are

The loud music is a particular bugbear of mine, it's like an Ibiza DJ set. It's the same when there are crowds - almost a battle between the fans and the PA system.

Still, no problem for the next few weeks/months.

Semper Fidelis wasn't played when the team came out for the second half against Oxford, breaking decades of tradition!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
rongreenblood":3l0ztuah said:

The speaker must have been loud. I’ve been moved into block 1 and the speaker doesn’t work properly, it crackles for a second or two then cuts out. I couldn’t hear to have a conversation and that was from the speaker in block 3.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
I was in block 5,above the safety entrance/exit, and the PA was very loud at that point, strangely,I did not notice that Semper was not played for the second half, but I loathe that jazzed up version that is forced upon us anyway, so, no loss there.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’ve felt much safer at Home Park over the last few games than I’ve felt in any supermarket, shop or restaurant in recent months.

Jun 22, 2005
Cobi Budge":3125fefz said:
I’ve felt much safer at Home Park over the last few games than I’ve felt in any supermarket, shop or restaurant in recent months.

Yeah I agree. It makes 0 sense.

We can all go to work with 5,10, 50 or hundreds of people we don't live with but we can't watch football in an outdoor Covid secure environment, where the science tells us the virus is less effective?

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Tony Pastyman":1f9vgun9 said:
IJN":1f9vgun9 said:
With 50,000 new cases per day, almost 1000 people dying, you can fully understand why this is necessary.

Let's hope with the new vaccine out soon, we can beat this bleddy thing soon.
Absolutely, sadly the figures will get worse as the effects of the Xmas mixing will show through in the next few weeks.

Won't they just.

Im hearing of plenty of people going out to partys.
People are dieing through other people's selfishness :shocked:

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
GreenThing":2x1gsol4 said:
rongreenblood":2x1gsol4 said:
I’ve been moved into block 1 and agree that the speaker doesn’t work properly, it crackles for a second or two then cuts out. I couldn’t hear to have a conversation and that was from the speaker in block 3.
Yes I have been seated in Block 1 and agree with you that the speaker in that area doesn't work, annoying especially for public service announcements and including team updates etc. The choice of loud music if that's what it is drowns out any atmosphere from the fan's attending.
Could do with a poll to see if fans are impressed with the sounds that are played prior to matches.

Apr 21, 2007
Exmouth
The music was so loud after the game last night I couldn't hear a word of Ryan Lowe's conversation with what appears to be a disgruntled fan....and I was only about 6 feet away from them!!

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Totally agree some people love to break the rules and stick it to em, same people as others have said, are the ones who moan. Annoys me that two people who sit on our row of seats are constantly asked to put masks on over the nose and even on the face and not the chin, they still argue back, put the mask on correctly, and then move it back 5 mins later when the steward is not looking :banghead:

Although the vacine is good news, there are still questions that need to be answered: can you still catch the virus - like you can the flu even after having the jab, can you still pass it onto others who have not had the jab, will the virus morph again and the vacine become obsolete.