Noone | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Noone

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":3tnfnic4 said:
It's simple, if it's not nailed down it gets sold. :cry:

Reid will have to rely on the kids and free agent cast-offs on cheap wages.

No change there.

Doesn't that describe all his signings to date?

Peterlin, Button, Parrett, Clifford, Zubar, Molyneux.

Apr 15, 2008
London
PL2 3DQ":bjykmu7z said:

As will who ever's in charge for the next few seasons... even when we get the high wage earners off our books, we still won't be able to afford to buy anyone for quite some time.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":3schd7pi said:

Unless of course said players dont want to leave. We cant sell any one that is under contract and doesnt want to go.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
exactly...why would the players want to leave...they are on very good contracts by league 1 standards...they will get paid ...either by Argyle or the PFA....so will be sitting tight until their contracts expire and then leave as free agents....

A

Anonymous

I have a theory about this. Only a theory mind.

If you're in court, who want to deal with facts and not 'maybes' and 'ifs' you have to to say you'll say the players that are worth something.

You can't say, 'If we get this person to invest' blah, blah, blah, then we would have been kicked into admin.

So, my theory is, don't take this 'fire sale' at face value, just wait and see what happens.

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
My thoughts exactly IJN. Not saying we will not sell players but that's normal business anyway - they come, they go. We offered a range of possibilities earlier today but who knows what the situation will be on Jan 1st? If we received some additiional investment (mentioned as a possibility I think) then we wouldn't need to sell would we? We are in a 'wait and see' situation I think and rumour mongers shouldn't jump the gun.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
If we are going to sell players like Noone and have interested buyers already lining up then there is no way such players will be played on Saturday and any upcoming games, thereby risking injury. So, I reckon we'll know pretty soon which way the wind is blowing.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
The Doctor":13ddv1t5 said:
If we are going to sell players like Noone and have interested buyers already lining up then there is no way such players will be played on Saturday and any upcoming games, thereby risking injury. So, I reckon we'll know pretty soon which way the wind is blowing.

The old Halmosi groin strain will kick in soon enough ;)

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Dalton Is God":g8astjdl said:
The Doctor":g8astjdl said:

The old Halmosi groin strain will kick in soon enough ;)
Hopefully not till after completing his hattrick on Sat afternoon!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I think he will be gone in January....maybe Brighton maybe a ccc team from oop north....

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
I am hopeful we can get the debt to HMRC without selling our best players, but if he has to go then hopefully it will be for a good amount!!

G

Green Goblin

It's all about survival. If they can cash in on Noone they will.

Sad to say that but that is what I believe. Maybe Argyle can include BWP in the deal. The club needs all the money they can get.

I hope I'm wrong about Noone and that we also can keep BWP.

But how could they keep the only two players that would bring some money?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
rumour has it that Noone was wearing a Brighton shirt underneath his cardigan today....