On GoS (Cobblers) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On GoS (Cobblers)

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I've never been photographed with James Brent, but yet again my house had a Brent out sticker placed on it and my company sign also had one stuck to it over the weekend. They are stickier than the last ones and rip when you try to remove so i now have to scrape it off the one on my house which also has the street sign name on it which could be damaged and it certainly will damage my company sign.

If you are really bothered enough about what i say on here to come to my house and put stickers on it at least knock on the door and introduce yourself.

Sorry Ian

No reason.

No motive.

Simply a busy day trying to improve the Chinese education system !!!

I will have time later to digest all that has been said and reply.

As usual ?

But now time for bed, so please excuse me as its close to midnight.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Ian

Whenever, I view GoS home and away match photographs, I always look at the crowd scenes.

Who is sat where and so on ?

Primarily, do I recognise any of them ?

I always look at the Directors' Box at all grounds - for the same reason.

Invariably, I see James Greenacre and Jon Back [as part of their respective jobs, no doubt] and I often see you.

The question ALWAYS arises in my mind - are you there as the owner of Pasoti ?

I discard that one due to the supposed impartiality of this site.

Has IJN become a Director of PAFC ?

Or similar ?

Nah, that would have been publicly announced, surely ?

I have no right to know, I am simply intrigued AND am surprised/dismayed that nobody else has asked that same question ?

Hence my rather "tongue-in-cheek" initial approach - not silly.

Please do NOT assume that I am being "fed" by others IF you may NOT like or agree with what I post.

NOBODY feeds me anything, I am very opinionated [as YOU know very well] and have the ability to articulate whatever I want to voice.

I do think Pasoti has changed over the years.

Maybe it had to ?

It used to be more fun, I believe, when we had fewer personal vendettas and squabbling.

Has it become too sanitised ?

As I say, maybe it had to ?

From afar, I still enjoy my participation and the opinions of others plus everything else.

So keep up the good work to you and the Mods but please allow the posters some latitude ?

Please give my best to all at Home Park - who know me ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
My point is Paul, you don't often see me. Years ago I asked GoS not to show me in any photos, so what you think you see and what you actually do, seem to be two different things. Which is strange.

As for me being there, I am a pal of the Chairman, we travel to most games together (he drives - to dispel yet another FACT) and therefore I am his guest, it's as simple as that.

I have no job at PAFC, nor would I want one, I have retired totally, although I do a volunteer job in Plymouth.

I am certainly no sort of Director, nor do I hold any office within PAFC. I have no sway, I don't burden JB with 'the thoughts of Ian Newell' if I did, we'd be playing in Argyle green.

Hope that answers your questions, which I have answered (not to you) many times before over many, many posts.

Ian, thank you for your reply.

All I will say - as my last comment on this subject - is that IF you are a guest of JB and ANY photos ARE taken of the Directors' Box - NOT of YOU specifically - then YOU will be seen, by people like ME.

That IS the price of fame !!! Ha Ha !!!

As I said in my last post, I DO like the crowd scenes taken by GoS AND others [NOT of IJN] but of the bigger crowds attending Home Park this season AND will look for people I know - wherever they be !

That IS the price I pay for being away for 5 years !!! Ha Ha !!!

Something that we WILL both agree on, I hope we make the play-offs and the "new" Grandstand looks fab when completed ?

All the best.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
TinTin":uprn2s2j said:
Ian

Whenever, I view GoS home and away match photographs, I always look at the crowd scenes.

Who is sat where and so on ?

Primarily, do I recognise any of them ?

I always look at the Directors' Box at all grounds - for the same reason.

Invariably, I see James Greenacre and Jon Back [as part of their respective jobs, no doubt] and I often see you.

The question ALWAYS arises in my mind - are you there as the owner of Pasoti ?

I discard that one due to the supposed impartiality of this site.

Has IJN become a Director of PAFC ?

Or similar ?

Nah, that would have been publicly announced, surely ?

I have no right to know, I am simply intrigued AND am surprised/dismayed that nobody else has asked that same question ?

Hence my rather "tongue-in-cheek" initial approach - not silly.

Please do NOT assume that I am being "fed" by others IF you may NOT like or agree with what I post.

NOBODY feeds me anything, I am very opinionated [as YOU know very well] and have the ability to articulate whatever I want to voice.

I do think Pasoti has changed over the years.

Maybe it had to ?

It used to be more fun, I believe, when we had fewer personal vendettas and squabbling.

Has it become too sanitised ?

As I say, maybe it had to ?

From afar, I still enjoy my participation and the opinions of others plus everything else.

So keep up the good work to you and the Mods but please allow the posters some latitude ?

Please give my best to all at Home Park - who know me ?

in my opinion it is still a fun site and has not been sanitized.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
TinTin":3hjhqfi2 said:
All I will say - as my last comment on this subject - is that IF you are a guest of JB and ANY photos ARE taken of the Directors' Box - NOT of YOU specifically - then YOU will be seen, by people like ME.

Just to again repeat my point, that wasn’t what you originally said, in fact is was nothing like that!

Again I repeat to ram the point home (hopefully) you will NOT see me, nor have you for many years.

Perhaps this proves once again, that the difference beteeen FACT and what people claim to be FACT are two completely different things.

Keep the faith Paul! :scarf: