On GoS: Facade and Chisholm Photos (08/08/18) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On GoS: Facade and Chisholm Photos (08/08/18)

Sep 19, 2015
Argyle Nutter":29xsj8e9 said:
MarkMatthews":29xsj8e9 said:
Unnecessary demolition of a unique ground feature. At a “phase one’ of “phase 2” I don’t see why this was necessary. An act of wanton vandalism. This refurb is not going to please traditionalists of mordernisers alike is it? It’s only going to upset both sides being a complete fudge.

Before it was the Chisolm lounge I’m sure we had a similar construction which was the directors box. We have now lost that corner forever. Home park might as well be St Mary’s with (non Argyle) Green seats!

I suppose you still have a tin bath in front of the fire once a week.

I just spat my drink all over the desk :mad: Found this way to funny...great work :funny:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
MarkMatthews":32pmwmzd said:
Unnecessary demolition of a unique ground feature. At a “phase one’ of “phase 2” I don’t see why this was necessary. An act of wanton vandalism. This refurb is not going to please traditionalists of mordernisers alike is it? It’s only going to upset both sides being a complete fudge.

Before it was the Chisolm lounge I’m sure we had a similar construction which was the directors box. We have now lost that corner forever. Home park might as well be St Mary’s with (non Argyle) Green seats!

It's not April Fools is it? :)

I noticed in the photos that Steve said it had been there since the 80s but I thought it was earlier than that? Or at least it felt like earlier. Used to go in and watch the combination fixtures in my childhood when they would update with the first team score on the window on Saturday afternoons.

Feb 28, 2016
cheshiregreen":qg9qn71c said:
MarkMatthews":qg9qn71c said:

Ridiculous comment. You will be suggesting retaining the 70 year old (?) loos next. :roll: :thumbdown:

What’s wrong with the toilets? They are more in keeping with the feel of the stand than the new ones will be The Chisolm lounge was unnecessarily knocked down to make way for changing rooms because the changing rooms are unnecessarily being moved.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
MarkMatthews":2qv08803 said:
cheshiregreen":2qv08803 said:
MarkMatthews":2qv08803 said:

Ridiculous comment. You will be suggesting retaining the 70 year old (?) loos next. :roll: :thumbdown:

What’s wrong with the toilets? They are more in keeping with the feel of the stand than the new ones will be The Chisolm lounge was unnecessarily knocked down to make way for changing rooms because the changing rooms are unnecessarily being moved.

This has got to be a wind up or a whooooosh surely?

...................hasn't it? :?

Feb 28, 2016
kernow19":2dsssuni said:
MarkMatthews":2dsssuni said:
cheshiregreen":2dsssuni said:
MarkMatthews":2dsssuni said:

This has got to be a wind up or a whooooosh surely?

...................hasn't it? :?

Well, what is wrong with them? I used them several times last season and they were working fine.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
MarkMatthews":1649l6rf said:
cheshiregreen":1649l6rf said:
MarkMatthews":1649l6rf said:

When you were banging on about the Youth structure I just thought you were overly passionate with regards to the way you felt they are treated. After reading your comments on this thread especially your response to others comments I now believe you are justice on a massive wind up or just a pathetic individual looking for attention. If you had ever seen or been in the players changing rooms & facilities you would know that they were totally unfit for purpose & far too small for the modern era.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
'What's wrong with the toilets?' has to be one of the all time classic Pasoti posts now, surely? :lol:

Even this bloke waxing lyrical about the Grandstand (http://tims92.blogspot.com/2011/04/plym ... -park.html) put the caption 'don't ask' underneath a loo pic. They're not fit for purpose, especially for families or anyone who vaguely prefers pleasant surroundings to crack dens.

And the movement of the changing rooms to the corner IS necessary, due to the complete rebuilding of the lower tier.

Feb 28, 2016
He probably means don’t ask why he is taking photos in toilets rather than commenting on their functual purpose. How are urinals where dad has to lift a small child up to reach such as in the new stands more family friendly than floor level ones? Personally find that type easy to use when your Brahms and Liszt, without getting half of it down your jeans and half of it on the floor!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Might I suggest you stand a little closer Mark. It’s not as big as you think it is.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
MarkMatthews":26vkkdjw said:

What a shame!!!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
davie nine":2evlhd35 said:
MarkMatthews":2evlhd35 said:

What a shame!!!
Before the façade/cladding was added the Chisholm Lounge was known as the Old Directors' Box. I first went to the ground in February 1958 and then regularly from late 58. From memory it was wooden and had an area at the bottom for disabled people in large wicker baskets that were known as spinal carriages (that were pushed all the way from Mount Gould hospital). I also think it had letters on the front of the upstairs balcony - A B C D E F for the half time scores. The announcer also sat upstairs on the extreme right as we looked.So seeing the Old Directors' Box go is sad but it has lasted since the end of WW2! Similarly I saw what was originally the Supporters' Club Building constructed just inside the players and official's entrance. It is a landmark I spent many hours looking at. But I have to say when GoS started putting their photos up I was shocked how dilapidated that area of the ground had become. The time has come to go modern. I shall desperately miss the players' entrance to the stand and those railings and the steps down to the main path. I saw the likes of Clough, Law, Yeats, Ivor Allchurch, Billy Liddell and the great managers of the day - Shankly, Carey, Catterick (with Rochdale) come out of that door as I spent hour after hour of the school holidays and match days waiting there for autographs. It is a place I loved but we have to move on - nothing is forever; just look at how shabby the city centre is, the same place that attracted the likes of Carter, Kirby, McAnearney and Newman to bring their families here. (Newman's first words to me outside the players' entrance were "All right kidder." 50 odd years I knocked on his door in Mickleover, Derbyshire and he said exactly the same!!"

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
jerryatricjanner":10wvq8s5 said:
Might I suggest you stand a little closer Mark. It’s not as big as you think it is.

Nice one jj - that me laugh.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Not wanting to put any pressure on, but when might some more development photos be available?

Was in Plymouth for Southend game so had a good look at progress then but the GoS coverage is far more forensic than the odd glimpse at the live webcam .