One outstanding Bury recruit to date..Byron | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

One outstanding Bury recruit to date..Byron

Jul 12, 2016
Another sheep following the rest of the Mayor fan club.
Its all about opinions. I won't change mine and you won't change yours.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Bit unsure why we need to bash the other ex Bury players just in order to praise Moore. Our fans always seem to need someone to slate and compare so we can big up someone else, it’s a bit sad.

All of the ex Bury players have worked hard and contributed in one way or another.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
No Oldage, you would be stubborn until the end.

I'm actually not a massive fan of Mayor - but i can appreciate what Lowe see's in him and what if offers the team, someone who can dribble with the ball is a great asset at any level. Gascoigne use to make what was a good, but often slow and lethargic national side look fantastic on occasions - because the opposition where often scared about what he might do - as opposed to was doing.

Next time Mayor runs at a defence, watch where those that close him down come from and the gaps it creates - whether he or us as a side are good enough to exploit it, is another issue. But creating gaps in defences are what leads to goals.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Moore is a good, good player but how much 'freedom' would he get if Mayor wasn't playing and attracting the attention of multiple opposition players?? It's a team squad game now, Moore is a great team squad player, no need to run someone down to big someone else up!!

Well played Brian!! ;) :lol: ;)

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Voice_of_Reason":1wl44n53 said:

I'm actually not a massive fan of Mayor - but i can appreciate what Lowe see's in him and what if offers the team, someone who can dribble with the ball is a great asset at any level. Gascoigne use to make what was a good, but often slow and lethargic national side look fantastic on occasions - because the opposition where often scared about what he might do - as opposed to was doing.

Next time Mayor runs at a defence, watch where those that close him down come from and the gaps it creates - whether he or us as a side are good enough to exploit it, is another issue. But creating gaps in defences are what leads to goals.

Also watch how many times he loses possession or makes a poor pass to a colleague, and where are his shooting boots?, I'm not anti Mayor, just think he needs to sharpen his game a bit and then we can really sing his praises. :thumbup:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I AM a massive fan of Mayor I think he’s a wonderful player. No sheep though, simply my own opinion after watching 1000’s of Argyle games since 67.

Hope he stays next season whatever league we are in.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Voice_of_Reason":1sckbvuw said:
Oldage, watch Liverpool and Man City this weekend - both excellent football sides, they will make as many backwards or sideways passes as they do forward.

I watched part of an FA Cup game the other day. I can't for the life of me remember which one but one team was premiership. At one point the prem team had 8 players in the opposition half, all the opposition in their own half, and the prem team had a throw-in 2 metres from the opposition goal line. Four passes later the ball having not gone anywhere near the opposition it was back with the prem goalie, and the opposition were pressing him. I turned to watch something else as I was so irritated by such negative tactics. Two metres from the opposition goal line and they just passed it back and sideways and back. Maybe the needed a Mayor, or a rocket from the manager.

Sep 6, 2006
Voice_of_Reason":5yob157y said:

So you are not a massive fan but then you say how important he is to the team!

Sep 6, 2006
oldage":192s64j0 said:

Always feel more confident of my opinion when Oldage says the opposite. Football and politics.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I'd go for Byron.

I think he's been the most effective of the Bury players we signed.

There is a player in Mayor, but I don't think we have seen the best of him yet.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
oldage":38v81oj9 said:
https://ibb.co/Kh8NXy0
So you didn't see this or don't believe it? Independent stats show Mayor is third in the "Most Key passes" category in League 2 (two behind the leader)?

Meanwhile back on topic - Byron has been terrific - a real quality pro, no fuss just 100% effort for the team and genuine talent in whatever role he's asked.

Jul 12, 2016
Ave_IT":1hvafw14 said:
oldage":1hvafw14 said:
https://ibb.co/Kh8NXy0
So you didn't see this or don't believe it? Independent stats show Mayor is third in the "Most Key passes" category in League 2 (two behind the leader)?

Meanwhile back on topic - Byron has been terrific - a real quality pro, no fuss just 100% effort for the team and genuine talent in whatever role he's asked.
I reiterate what I said before!
Back on topic Moore is my player of the season so far.