Our attack | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our attack

Oct 5, 2013
We need to get something going up front for the last two games.
OK, we have had a very good run of 7 points from our last 4 games under Dewsnip and Nance. But it has to be said that our attacking potency has gone down to a very low level. Hardie in particular has been worryingly ineffective lately and should not have started today in my view, and Whittaker is completely out of sorts. Mumba doesn’t look like threatening the goal. Waine looks the part and should have started today in my view, but doesn’t look a real threat on goal. Bundu currently looks the most dangerous.
We can’t afford to go into the last 2 games trying to play without a viable attacking force, which really is what we saw against Stoke today.
To be quite honest I would consider starting with Scarr up front as a target man to win headers, and see if that can turn things around a bit. No-one else up front can win the ball in the air, and our passing movements going forwards are almost all breaking down before we get a shot away.
We certainly need to change something.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2005
OK, we have had a very good run of 7 points from our last 4 games under Dewsnip and Nance, but it has to be said that our attacking potency has really gone down to a very low level. Hardie in particular has been worryingly ineffective lately and should not have started today in my view, and Whittaker is completely out of sorts.
We can’t afford to go into the last 2 games trying to play without a viable attacking force, which is what we saw against Stoke today.
You have to give the opposition some praise for not allowing them to play.

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
OK, we have had a very good run of 7 points from our last 4 games under Dewsnip and Nance, but it has to be said that our attacking potency has really gone down to a very low level. Hardie in particular has been worryingly ineffective lately and should not have started today in my view, and Whittaker is completely out of sorts.
We can’t afford to go into the last 2 games trying to play without a viable attacking force, which is what we saw against Stoke today.
Ok let's drop Hardie and Whittaker...
So who are you selecting instead?

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
The problem is we cannot get the ball to our front players, the fluency in the middle third seems to have disappeared. Then when we do get into the final third, everyone is either taking one touch too many (Bundu, Mumba, Morgs), delaying a pass or shooting (causing players to run offisde in promising positions) or shooting from miles out (Morgs, Bundu and Devine all took daft shots today).

Watching Cundle today he picked up pockets of space and threaded through ball after ball, move it quickly and it was well weighted. Thats the sort of play we have lost really since SS left.

Oct 5, 2013
Seems to me that we need our attacking players to hold on to possession so we can get something going in attack. We continually get the ball out of defence only for it to come straight back again because no-one can hold onto possession up front. That’s what’s putting pressure on our defence, and it wasn’t just against Stoke today, it’s been the case for weeks.

Oct 5, 2013
Ok let's drop Hardie and Whittaker...
So who are you selecting instead?
We need to get Hardie and Morgs (or whoever is played up front) to hold onto the ball and not give possession away, which is putting all the pressure immediately back on our defence.