Owain Tudor Jones Signed | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Owain Tudor Jones Signed

Feb 21, 2008
Rupert":25jl2ibz said:
greenblood79":25jl2ibz said:
richy2704":25jl2ibz said:
greenblood79":25jl2ibz said:
sky sports news not enough confirmation of signing.... jesus... only on pasoti eh :?

I meant had I missed it confirmed anywhere else, also as someone else asked is it loan or permanent, clear enough now!!
:)

the post was aimed at admin, this should clearly be on the main forum, yet someone somewhere in the mods room is sitting getting a little bit excited at having moved this thread to rumours.

he has signed on loan as reported by sky sports, so move it back for fans to see

He has not signed yet. Source? Peter Reid, an hour ago.

You expect us to beleive him over the Pasoti hierachy, he will do as he is told this Reid fella!!

P.S name dropper :)

Rupert":184tso93 said:
greenblood79":184tso93 said:
richy2704":184tso93 said:
greenblood79":184tso93 said:
sky sports news not enough confirmation of signing.... jesus... only on pasoti eh :?

I meant had I missed it confirmed anywhere else, also as someone else asked is it loan or permanent, clear enough now!!

the post was aimed at admin, this should clearly be on the main forum, yet someone somewhere in the mods room is sitting getting a little bit excited at having moved this thread to rumours.

he has signed on loan as reported by sky sports, so move it back for fans to see

He has not signed yet. Source? Peter Reid, an hour ago.

He has indeed signed. Source? Wikipedia :)

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Devonportender":3dxkilwe said:
lol, who ever changed that put loan at the top and three year deal at the bottom, thats a long loan by anyones standards.

That'll do :grin:

Feb 21, 2008
pontypoolgreen":2ue4lae5 said:
greenblood79":2ue4lae5 said:
richy2704":2ue4lae5 said:
greenblood79":2ue4lae5 said:

Still waiting for a link.

It was definately reported on sky when I steers the thread, not heard anything since though.

Dec 7, 2006
He has definitely NOT signed....yet. PR said this evening that he wants to have another look at him in a more competitive game than the one one he had against Saltash but that he does rate the lad. So the signs are good. :wink:

Oct 8, 2009
FordGreen":2ac48dy9 said:
He has definitely NOT signed....yet. PR said this evening that he wants to have another look at him in a more competitive game than the one one he had against Saltash but that he does rate the lad. So the signs are good. :wink:

Isn't there a rule that states that triallists are only allowed to play in non-competitive games for their prospective clubs? Unless PR is thinking of hastily arranging a friendly between now and Saturday afternoon, surely there's no way of having another look at him unless he signs the lad? I think I've got a .pdf of FA rules somewhere, I'll have a look.

EDIT: I think this is it. If someone here speaks legal-ese, feel free to correct me if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Section C - Rules Relating To Players

Players with written contracts

(i) Registered Players to Play for One Club Only

(i) A Player registered with The Association can play only for the Club holding the registration unless:

(A) in the case only of benefit, testimonial and charity matches, the Player
obtains by written request special permission of The Association; or
(B) is temporarily transferred in accordance with Rule C1(g)(v); or
(C) is registered under a Scholarship in accordance with Rule C3; or
(D) has the written permission of the Club, copied to The Association, to play not more than two trial matches for another Club, provided that such matches are not for the first team of that Club in a Competition Match and are both within a period of one month from the date of such permission, which shall not be repeated in the same playing season for the same Player to the same Club.

Mar 7, 2009
StevenPDunne":2byfw1l9 said:
FordGreen":2byfw1l9 said:

Isn't there a rule that states that triallists are only allowed to play in non-competitive games for their prospective clubs? Unless PR is thinking of hastily arranging a friendly between now and Saturday afternoon, surely there's no way of having another look at him unless he signs the lad? I think I've got a .pdf of FA rules somewhere, I'll have a look.

No need to look at the rules, you are correct.

Yes, we are taking Darius Vassell on a 52 week trial just to have a wee look at him. And he can play in league and cup games :)

Feb 21, 2008
pontypoolgreen":3fv3blg2 said:
richy2704":3fv3blg2 said:
pontypoolgreen":3fv3blg2 said:
greenblood79":3fv3blg2 said:
richy2704":3fv3blg2 said:
greenblood79":3fv3blg2 said:

Still waiting for a link.

It was definitely reported on sky when I steers the thread, not heard anything since though.

Not aimed at you mate, still waiting for greenblood79 to answer me.

It was a rumour, I was the one to move and I was correct to move it, his attitude and manner were below the belt.

Thats ok mate, it was on and off Sky Sports so quickly they deffo jumped the gun on this one.

Dec 7, 2006
Yep, and PR is wanting to have a look at Tudur Jones playing for them in a Reserve or 1st Team game before deciding. So it could be a couple of weeks before we hear anything. :(

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
I still think we have a good chance of signing him, and its good to see PR not jumping and signing a player without having a proper look, i think in the last couple of years we have been guilty of doing that and then the player not working out!!