Pasoti exclusive - Q&A with Paul Mariner | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pasoti exclusive - Q&A with Paul Mariner

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Do you remember the night you were involved in a bomb scare at The White Hart, St Teath, when with Bill Pearce, you were part of the team presenting a set of football shirts to the re-established village side?

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
That's it, I'll have to stop it there, thanks for your questions. Paul's answers will be posted shortly.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Quintrell_Green":27lkxp24 said:
Do you remember the night you were involved in a bomb scare at The White Hart, St Teath, when with Bill Pearce, you were part of the team presenting a set of football shirts to the re-established village side?

I was there that night too QG. We were all evacuated because some idiot from Camelford (allegedly) phoned the police to say a bomb had been planted in the pub. There was about half a dozen players there as I remember (Still got their autographs somewhere.)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I heard the idiot came from Delabole and was just jealous of the publicity attracted by the new St Teath F C , which served to annoy Delabole F C. It was just as well you lived halfway between the 2 villages!

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Quintrell_Green":2mj2n1kf said:
I heard the idiot came from Delabole and was just jealous of the publicity attracted by the new St Teath F C , which served to annoy Delabole F C. It was just as well you lived halfway between the 2 villages!

:oops:

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
cheshiregreen":x7nypbo8 said:
Any idea when the response will be on here?

Unfortunately this probably won't happen now. The questions have been with Paul for a while and there's been some follow-up emails but as yet no completed Q&A.
The same with Ruben Lameiras, he's received the questions but hasn't responded to further emails and messages so I've left it. Sorry.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Site Manager":39rc6krt said:
cheshiregreen":39rc6krt said:

Unfortunately this probably won't happen now. The questions have been with Paul for a while and there's been some follow-up emails but as yet no completed Q&A.
The same with Ruben Lameiras, he's received the questions but hasn't responded to further emails and messages so I've left it. Sorry.

No need to apologise, looks like you have done as much as could be expected. Shame.

Who was it who said "never meet your heroes?"

Jan 8, 2006
Did you know just before you left Argyle that West Ham United had concluded (so they thought) a deal to sign you? If you had been given the choice at the time would you have signed for them or Ipswich?

Apr 13, 2017
Site Manager":1wpvr7f9 said:
cheshiregreen":1wpvr7f9 said:

Paul Mariner displaying questionable behaviour? You shock me.

Jun 27, 2019
I can understand Ruben not being too bothered about getting this done given he's still playing and that he left us with his stock high and has gone onto bigger and better things.

Mariner, on the other hand, should surely jump at the chance to rebuild one or two bridges after his disastrous spell as manager. I know those who saw him play will always worship the ground he walks on, but I didn't and only have his managerial spell to go on - for which I consider him a bit of a joke figure.

Snubbing the fans like this will hardly help give his legacy the polish it needs.