PASOTI Update | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASOTI Update

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Just trying to iron out problems...that I find nowhere else Ian......but your response is as I expected.....didn't realize that you kept a list of everyone who hasn't used your... 'stuff sales ' .....sounds a bit big brother that.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
"Pay for advert-free Pasoti" thought: I don't think that, say, Ā£2 a month (less than 5p a week) or Ā£20 a year (less than 4p a week) would break anyone's bank.

I suspect that it would be horribly complex to set up, though, and may not be worth all the hassle. Maybe a survey first?

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
davie nine":sid03rkv said:
ā€œĀ£2 a month - less than 5p a weekā€.
Who is your accountant?
Er, good point. I have a sticky zero and didn't notice! Just as well it worked for the 20...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Princerock":1ax8eskr said:
Just trying to iron out problems...that I find nowhere else Ian......but your response is as I expected.....didn't realize that you kept a list of everyone who hasn't used your... 'stuff sales ' .....sounds a bit big brother that.

You see, youā€™re doing it again, assuming the worst!

A) You can be a moaning old git.

B) The Janner Banner ā€˜Ranksā€™ that I can see shows me the past history of those who have contributed. I see that by simply glancing left of your username. Nothing Big Brother about that is there? Plus my point was not to highlight anything negative just the positive of the fact that everyone now contributes and not just the same people. I think thatā€™s fairer.

As for the smiley problem, that is being worked on but is stupidly troublesome. I could simply set the smiley count to one I suppose!

But genuinely feedback is welcome, it's just that I have to factor in who is feeding back.

Aug 2, 2011
I never wanted to open up a can of worms when I started the thread. Just thought some feedback from a user would be helpful. Hopefully there will be some little tweaks which will help. Also I am on a fairly old ipad so operating system may not be up to date.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Most of the problems a few people suffer seem to be on older iPads.

Donā€™t worry about starting such a thread, feedback is what weā€™re all about.

LC and Princerock always like to moan but they love us really, thatā€™s why they do it.

Weā€™ll get there in the end.

Still to come will be a ā€˜likeā€™ facility and Iā€™ve been promised a translucent wallpaper of various Argyle strips, and Iā€™ll have to be patient for this one.

Liam Vercoe

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Nov 27, 2010
Ian, don't know if you got it or not, but I sent you a PM about the block function not working on the new site. Just in case you didn't receive it, I'll pipe up again.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Is there any way of including an option to compact it down a bit? It would be nice to read just the posts without the signatures/profile pictures/poster details for every comment.

Other than that it looks great - good work all round.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Liam Vercoe":35rvsadm said:
Ian, don't know if you got it or not, but I sent you a PM about the block function not working on the new site. Just in case you didn't receive it, I'll pipe up again.

Who said that? :greensmile:

You did mate, and I forgot, it's now on the list.

Strange how it doesn't work, but it definitely doesn't.

Liam Vercoe

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Nov 27, 2010
IJN":2qbz0ykl said:
Liam Vercoe":2qbz0ykl said:

Who said that? :greensmile:

You did mate, and I forgot, it's now on the list.

Strange how it doesn't work, but it definitely doesn't.

That's alright mate, happy days. Is there any scope to hide any messages quoting people you've blocked as well (although that will hide most of the posts on here for me because most of them are people arguing with the people I've blocked :D )?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
IJN":3p6nkqpo said:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

We are constantly tweaking the site and improvements are still coming.

The advertising is an unnecessary ā€˜evilā€™ Iā€™m afraid. I know in the past many posters have complained about the amount of fundraising on this site, and this obviated the need for me having to do that plus it saves me personal time and money Iā€™m not having to dart around like a blue arsed fly in arranging pick ups and collections and the like.

We aim to make in the region of Ā£15,000 to the club in various ways this year as a direct result of the advertising this year plus many other Ā£1000ā€™s to various charities and good causes.

So if you can excuse us the advertising and allow us to improve the site a bit more we should get there.

I am running a Mac, iPad, iPhone X 24/7 on this site and am now experiencing zero problem. I assume most people have the same experience as I am.

I get the problem with accidentally hitting the ads, that happens to me about ten times a month and I then live with the fact that that means more money to PAFC if even by default.

We have considered charging a small monthly fee per month for people to be advert free (apart from the local advertisers) but Gadd and I decided that the uptake from this would not be large enough for the effort.

So again, thanks for the feedback, the speed issue that a couple of you have mentioned must be at your end, as all data our end shows we are running extremely well. I spend over a Ā£1000 more now we have the advertising money coming in, to our hosting company, so we expect good speeds and consistency at all times.
Fair enuff.

Aug 11, 2013
Thanks so much for taking on the feedback in spirit it was intended (Feedback not criticism).

Moving the thread page numbers to the right of the thread title and narrowing the threads so more fit on a page is a massive improvement.

Top marks to the software engineers on here. That's a step in right direction.

{EDITED TO SAY "BLAST AND DAMNATION" whilst the thread pages appear to right of thread on a PC they still appear above the thread title on my iphone! Could that be regularized please?)

Aug 11, 2013
Further to my post above ... could I be so bold as to suggest another couple tweaks.

Could the box that contains "Posts" "joined" "a speechbox" who's purpose I'm unsure about) and that block of links that I (and presumably a lot of people have no accounts or interest) be moved so that those items appear next to the Poster's name "by Arrythewurzel" box at the top. That would slim down the post size and (less scrolling) which seems a bugbear with a lot of people. Also the "signature strapline box" at the foot of each post - couldn't that be tweaked to appear in the same box as one's post ir in the header box of the post itself thereby narrowing the box further? It may not work and look awful but worth a try?