PAST & DT 'loan' to PAFC | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PAST & DT 'loan' to PAFC

Where, who to?

• To PAFC - Save the club (as it has).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To Argyle Fans Trust (give it a great start)

• Stay in the bank (where it is safe)

• Used for local youth football (non PAFC)

• Total voters
Sep 2, 2008
I voted for supporting local youth football, which I believe was the original purpose of the trust. Frankly, I find the way that it has been used highly suspicious and I hope that the Charities Commission can settle whether what has happened is a legitimate use of the money. If it is okay with the Charities Commission, then I'll accept what has happened, but for now I feel very doubtful about the whole affair.

Jul 29, 2010
The NWO's Argyle should have been allowed to fail, gifting them a 'get out of jail free' card was just propping up a failed regime and it was not what the cash was given to the trust for.

B

blenks

X Isle":3mvkiot2 said:
The NWO's Argyle should have been allowed to fail, gifting them a 'get out of jail free' card was just propping up a failed regime and it was not what the cash was given to the trust for.

and it won't work either

Sep 20, 2003
Rafferty over Mariner":2ssv5akm said:
There should be a 5th option, and thats to support youth football in Devon and Cornwall. The money has gone to totally NOT the right place. The charity was set up in the first place to specifically avoid a situtation like this. Shameful.

Option 4 possibly?

B

blenks

should be 2 options only - was it a shrewd piece of legitimate commercial business for the Trust? or was it a high risk whim that could well backfire

Warren Bowden":2fc3fxaa said:
Rafferty over Mariner":2fc3fxaa said:
There should be a 5th option, and thats to support youth football in Devon and Cornwall. The money has gone to totally NOT the right place. The charity was set up in the first place to specifically avoid a situtation like this. Shameful.

Option 4 possibly?

No, The poll specifically says "non PAFC" - So emotive. If it had said "youth football" I'd have supprted that option. a subtle but important difference.

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
I actually voted for it to stay in the bank...

If there is not a worthwhile cause (and I dont believe a charity lending a professional business is a worthwhile cause) then the money should stay until an opportunity arises...

T

Tynan's Dad

In any other circumstances if the trust were to loan money with an agreed payback with interest and secured I would be more than happy.

However, with the club on the brink and, in many people's views, the security of the loan being questionable, I don't feel this is a good investment.

I would be more happy if the trust continued to fun youth football locally and, as and when Argyle pick up or start again from scratch, the trust could start supporting the youth section of the club once again.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
If the Trust had turned round and said they were going to move their money to another bank because they could get double their interest rate, nobody would batter an eyelid. I would assume that they have stonewall guarantees of getting the money back and picking up a healthy interest. As it's claimed to be only a short term loan they'll soon be in a position to carry on doing what they were intended to do. Although I don't believe many clubs/organisations have been knocking on their doors wanting a handout. The money was sat there doing nothing. I'm glad it has been put to good use. (As long as it's legal).