Paul Ince | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Paul Ince

G

Greenskin

Exactly.English football has come a long,long way in combating racism since the loathsome exclusion policy followed by clubs such as Newcastle and Everton in the 1970's and the general abuse aimed at black players in that era.Black players are now rightly accepted without second thought,as are players from diverse countries all over he planet.Why should clubs have an agenda if a non white manager was thought to be the best man for the job,bearing in mind the successes achieved on the pitch by those players? It's contradictory nonsense to suggest that there was an agenda against Ince-if so, why was he appointed in the first place? To add to your list of black managers,Gullit at Chelsea,Tigana at Fulham,Blake at Exeter,Thompson at Bristol Rovers,Onuoura at Swindon,Rosenoir at Torquay,Palmer at Stockport spring to mind-had their moments certainly,but in the end,results dictated their fate,the same as any manager.I am absolutely in favour of equal opportunity,regardless of colour or creed and maybe there is an imbalance in the percentage of black players who become managers,but it also must be said that the black managers who have obtained posts have not really set the world on fire so far-i hope that changes in future.

As for Argyle Talk and good sense-for about five years,various posters on there have predicted that Argyle would decline and get relegated unless Stapleton cleared out,that the NW were a mob of chancers [Freathy's "Bollocks to the bid" signature being an outstanding example] and that Argyle could cease to exist as a football club because not many at the top end of the club either really cared or were incompetent buffoons.What a bunch of stupid,ignorant and lacking in foresight tossers those Argyle talkers are,eh! If only they'd have adopted "Trust in Stapes" as a mantra! :lol: Latest word on there is that Ridders and Brent could be stitching Argyle up for their own ends.As if! Wrong as usual,i expect.Bleddy well hope so anyway,for all our sakes.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Green Goblin":41y5rg0t said:
Paul Ince was a fantastic player. I see no fault in him as manager as many others seem to do. His spell at Blackburn was obviously too early for him and not his own fault.

Notts County have themselves to blame when they sacked Short. They had stayed up with Ince.

If Ince had come to us, nobody knows what would have happened. I do not think we had been in a worse position but it's just pure speculation on my part.

Paul Ince, top player, who will ever forget that stunning goal he scored (for Argyle) at the Devonport End

[Tee, Hee]