Paul Wotton - Defensive Disaster? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Paul Wotton - Defensive Disaster?

Oct 14, 2015
Should've brought in Graham Coughlan when Southend got rid. His name was mentioned as manager before Adams took over. Brought in as part of coaching staff or Brewsters replacement

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Wotton's record as a coach in his first coaching job is pretty good. 2015 play-offs, 2016 Wembley play-off final, 2017 automatic promotion and 2018 a seventh place finish.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":xw0yte8j said:
Should've brought in Graham Coughlan when Southend got rid. His name was mentioned as manager before Adams took over. Brought in as part of coaching staff or Brewsters replacement
My mate who’s a Bristol Rovers fan thinks they are a shambles defensively. They did do well today mind.

Feb 23, 2008
You can't coach pace into a player and that's what we are losing with the likes of Threlkeld and Vyner.

Although someone's been coaching Wootton, when he came on for the injured Canavan against Blackpool he had a great game and actually passed the ball out of defence instead of whoomph there it is.....

I'd guess you can coach a defence as much as you like, if you're going to keep punting it long to a young to can't hold the ball up and employ a midfield that's easily bypassed then the defence are likely to struggle?

Pip

Mar 31, 2004
Maidstone
If Brewster really was the difference, he is currently available having finished a 3 game interim period with Maidstone Utd. Never going to happen though even if he was !!!

Pip

Mar 31, 2004
Maidstone
As I remember it, he had almost recovered from the ops that he had when he was told by DA that he wouldn't be renewing his contract at the end of the season. As a result, he never returned and Wotton moved up to assistant manager. Kevin N had moved up and filled in on an interim basis and was also given a permanent 1st team coaching role at the same time.

Jan 27, 2012
Unless you know exactly how things work behind the scenes it’s hard to pin blame on any individual coach. Unfortunately I think the main reason for Argyle leaking goals this season is that the players are poor. I’m not sure Pep himself could do much with that hand of playing cards.

Aug 5, 2015
So we should have brought in Cocko. Remind me who played alongside him during those glory years? Short memories don’t come into it!

Aug 5, 2016
PL2 3DQ":13msxg2c said:
Wotton's record as a coach in his first coaching job is pretty good. 2015 play-offs, 2016 Wembley play-off final, 2017 automatic promotion and 2018 a seventh place finish.

You haven't read the thread properly PL2, Wotton is crap and completely to blame for everything that's going wrong. Forget three seasons of success, he's useless and out of his depth etc.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":26822ab5 said:
PL2 3DQ":26822ab5 said:

You haven't read the thread properly PL2, Wotton is crap and completely to blame for everything that's going wrong. Forget three seasons of success, he's useless and out of his depth etc.

Don't you know it's nobody's fault apart from the referees

Sep 13, 2003
Knibbsworth":11bk8u7u said:
PL2 3DQ":11bk8u7u said:

I dare you to say this to his face.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":3b890kqg said:
Knibbsworth":3b890kqg said:
PL2 3DQ":3b890kqg said:

Don't you know it's nobody's fault apart from the referees

Can you name one game in the last six weeks where anyone has blamed a referee for our defeat/dropped points? You're making fun of a viewpoint no-one has. Yet when we do have a shocking ref who awards key decisions against us and gives us none, you'll be there to trot your catchphrase out - 'oh this defeat was the ref's fault again I suppose haw haw'.

In the Coventry game even their fans laughed at how biased he was in their favour. Judge each match and referee on their merits.