Paul Wotton: Free Transfer? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Paul Wotton: Free Transfer?

Sep 20, 2003
Mr Explode":3kkjy1om said:
i for one would love wotton back, i think he is a good footballer and a great influence on and off the pitch. PLEASE COME BACK WOTTSY!!!!!

Thank you for your input Mrs Wotton.

Feb 29, 2008
Sporting Lipson":2eri86hv said:
Bad move for the player and the club, looked no more than tidy for 35 in the Yeovil game and that probably being really up for his return. Mason rang rings after that, not that popular as a man at the club either, so I'm told

Wotton said after the match, "I was trying to kick him, but I couldn't catch him", talking of Mase.

G

Green Goblin

It seems unlikely that Paul will come back and given everything he has done for us there is nothing left to prove.

If we survive until the summer and has a young and inexperienced squad a player like Paul could play an important role. He has the experience and the passion that we need.

If he is an excellent coach or not remains to be seen.

Aug 19, 2009
FFS! how many more times is this going to be brought up. Please people just move on.

He could not cut it last time he was here, that is why he was shown the door. Fair enough we were in the Championship then but he has also now aged a further 3 or 4 years also.

We can not have a player on the pitch in the hope that we might geta free kick in a favourable position. - Just the same as we shouldn't rely on a player because he has the ability to throw the ball long - but that is another matter.

If Mr. Wotton returns then it will be another legend that will fail just like recently. It is best all round to remember him for his efforts in a green shirt the first time round.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
He wasn't good enough then, and isn't good enough now.

It's like finishing with your long-term missus, living the high-life a little bit and then a few years down the line, getting back with her, despite the fact she looks like half the woman she was in her prime. I know we're in a desperate situation, but I'd take a newer model of anything, anytime.

Move on.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Completely agree with the above 2 posts. Move on folks.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
Would be good to see him in gthe coaching set up purely for his heart and passion alone .... but as a footballer sadly not as his legs looked to have gone and his ability looks to have diminished aswell .............. leadership qualities great , footballing qualities not

C

charlee

This has appeared on the famous rumour site...

Plymouth's carl fletcher to charlton.
paul wotton in as replacment on free transfer when transfer embargo is uplifted

links in with thefletch to charlton thread!

Aug 1, 2006
Plymouth
Peter_dout":1decp2pc said:
leep33":1decp2pc said:
He could do a job for us, and help along the younger players!!

Yeah he;s good at that. :cry:

leep- take being wrong and magnify it by about 300 squillian. That would be close- or were you being sarcastic?

i think wottsy might fancy coming back to the muff now that he's getting on.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
twist of lime":23iefhgp said:
Would really only like to see him back in a coaching role to be honest

COYG

Why? What's he like as a coach?

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Playing Devil's advocate, it may be that those crying "Bully" at Wotton were illdisciplined young yobs who epitomised the bad part of modern-day culture.

I've seen many a good standard-setting boss demonised by people beneath them because their own low standards were challanged robustly.

Some of Wotton's headline 'victims' have hardly shown themselves to be well-behaved role models since, have they?

Jon