Peter Reid's message of support. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peter Reid's message of support.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
cornish_pirate":2f4flocz said:
Why is PASOTI deleting my posts about organising something for Peter Reid!!! :twisted: :banghead:

Because something's been done for him.

Edit: I think! I'm not a mod so I don't know...

May 22, 2006
Vercoe":2xc28u71 said:
cornish_pirate":2xc28u71 said:
Why is PASOTI deleting my posts about organising something for Peter Reid!!! :twisted: :banghead:

Because something's been done for him.

Edit: I think! I'm not a mod so I don't know...

Yep, something's already been done, and donations came in so thick and fast that the collection only lasted a couple of days, so I expect a few people missed it.

Jul 25, 2011
Green_To_The_Bone":mrmkf71n said:
greenpig27":mrmkf71n said:
GreenMill":mrmkf71n said:
Chris":mrmkf71n said:
Greenskin":mrmkf71n said:
I've calmed down a bit now and apologise for using the capital letters and expletive.But this chap doesn't seem to understand that the thread was not about the merits of Reid as a manager,more that after losing his job,which is never an easy situation for anyone with any pride,he had the grace to wish the club well today.I would say that this is considerably more commendable rather than the "i was right,you were wrong,nah nah nah nah na" implication of Mr Menaces post.As a matter of fact i hope that he is right and that Fletcher proves to be as effective as the much mentioned Eddie Howe,although one game would not seem to be sufficient to judge.

No need to apologise, I certainly agreed with the sentiment of your original post.
So did I

And me.

Not trying to take the gloss off a fabulous day...but I feel Macclesfield were the worst team that I have seen Argo play this season. I'm pretty sure we would have won anyway with Peter Reid still in charge ?

And me

Don't be a herb 'with-menace'
WOW! three out of several hundred,not bad really :lol:
I personally think we should get onto the vatican about the beatification for the miracles he performed. Christ has returned.

Jul 25, 2011
I hate to say I told you so but....... hang on, what am I on about I love saying I told you so.THREE POINTS enough said really. Maybe the puke fest can end now?

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
midlandgreen":1ao7hkx8 said:
Peter Reid is a legend, the man has been awesome for us. I'm just sorry he got pood on! Personally I hold Peter Reid in the same regard as Paul Sturrock
Yes, I also hold them in similar regard as Argyle Managers.

Negative tactics, inconsistent player selection, constantly playing people out of position and little or no idea how to win a game of football.

But more importantly, they're both very nice chaps.

G

Greenskin

with-menace":3ehk3yn0 said:
I hate to say I told you so but....... hang on, what am I on about I love saying I told you so.THREE POINTS enough said really. Maybe the puke fest can end now?

As thick as poo and twice as nasty.

Jul 25, 2011
Greenskin":113b75hf said:
with-menace":113b75hf said:

As thick as cack and twice as nasty.
because I have a opinion other than your own? I'd say you're the nasty one, with a bitter streak to boot.

G

Greenskin

with-menace":2fl4tr2c said:
Greenskin":2fl4tr2c said:
with-menace":2fl4tr2c said:

because I have a opinion other than your own? I'd say you're the nasty one, with a bitter streak to boot.

No,your opinion about Reid was just fine,you wanted him sacked and he was.I didn't agree with the decision but i wish Fletcher or whoever else is in charge all the best for the future and it was a good start yesterday.The point is that this thread is about a message of support for the club from a man who has just lost his job,which i'm sure you'll agree is not a pleasant happening for anyone- i speak from personal experience here and i can't say that i would have wished all the very best to some of the people involved in my downfall.Reid has behaved with more dignity than i [and most others,including yourself,i would surmise] could have managed under similar circumstances and thats the whole point of this thread. Can't you see that? You've made your point about Reid's management and fair enough,your wish has come true.As i've said before,i'm not a slavish devotee of Reid and nor do i beatify the man,i just think he's shown a bit of class throughout the whole wretched demise of our club and deserved a chance to manage under normal circumstances.That said,i sincerely hope that the right decision has been made and Argyle continue to make progress to where they should be-yesterday was a small step in the right direction on a very long road to recovery and a road which will need a united fanbase,not one divided by people making gloating "i was right,you were wrong" comments on an inappropriate thread.So,just give it a rest,you've made your point and as a very final word on the subject,i'll say that i hope your opinion is correct,in spadeloads.

DRJ

May 22, 2006
cornwall
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Greenskin":37ndh2yz said:
with-menace":37ndh2yz said:
Greenskin":37ndh2yz said:
with-menace":37ndh2yz said:

No,your opinion about Reid was just fine,you wanted him sacked and he was.I didn't agree with the decision but i wish Fletcher or whoever else is in charge all the best for the future and it was a good start yesterday.The point is that this thread is about a message of support for the club from a man who has just lost his job,which i'm sure you'll agree is not a pleasant happening for anyone- i speak from personal experience here and i can't say that i would have wished all the very best to some of the people involved in my downfall.Reid has behaved with more dignity than i [and most others,including yourself,i would surmise] could have managed under similar circumstances and thats the whole point of this thread. Can't you see that? You've made your point about Reid's management and fair enough,your wish has come true.As i've said before,i'm not a slavish devotee of Reid and nor do i beatify the man,i just think he's shown a bit of class throughout the whole wretched demise of our club and deserved a chance to manage under normal circumstances.That said,i sincerely hope that the right decision has been made and Argyle continue to make progress to where they should be-yesterday was a small step in the right direction on a very long road to recovery and a road which will need a united fanbase,not one divided by people making gloating "i was right,you were wrong" comments on an inappropriate thread.So,just give it a rest,you've made your point and as a very final word on the subject,i'll say that i hope your opinion is correct,in spadeloads.

Jul 25, 2011
DRJ":j7pdgz6h said:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Greenskin":j7pdgz6h said:
with-menace":j7pdgz6h said:
Greenskin":j7pdgz6h said:
with-menace":j7pdgz6h said:

point taken on board ,fair enough. It's a shame others cant get a point across without the need for childish name calling and weird passive aggresive behavior.
The reason I commented on this thread is because theres been no end of fawning and knacker speak to the point where I'd imagine the 'great' man himself is cringing.
As for my opinion,well that was what I was shouted down for 10 days ago by many of the above and in a nasty way,I have now been proved right,someone can and indeed already has done a better job,without any new signings etc. After the abuse I got I feel totally justified in giving the middle finger,maybe you didnt read it but I did. Frankly I was right and now they know.
edit to add I thought it was fairly clear that some of my remarks are 'tongue in cheek' dont take it too seriously chaps.

May 1, 2011
midlandgreen":3kxrogjy said:
Peter Reid is a legend, the man has been awesome for us. I'm just sorry he got pood on! Personally I hold Peter Reid in the same regard as Paul Sturrock

The sentimental gash wriiten on here is cringeworthy at times. Not exactly sure how he was pood on when he is basically not a good manager. Let's see who else rushes to appoint him, or does the middle of footballing nowhere beckon again?? He was awesome about everything apart from actually managing a football team. I'm sure the volunteer workers in Africa are nice people but I don't want them leading to Argyle to a 3rd successive relegation.

As for Sturrock, 2 spells at Argyle, one fantastic, one shocking, so we owe him nothing. Get over your hero worship.