Phillips and Devine | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Phillips and Devine

Jul 31, 2009
Plymouth
Yes to Devine if we play a system where he can play as an 8. But as part of a rotation of attacking players. Not our sole attacking midfield threat.

I'm not so convinced about Phillips. Clearly he's going to be good but he rarely makes it through 90min which is not good for a CB and it limits our options to change thing up from an attacking perspective. Plus he does get caught wrong side a lot and he's a bit handsy.
Maybe with coaching and more experience these 18 year old men might improve?

Reactions: ChurPev
Sep 7, 2006
London
I might be in a minority who would take both back, but on the premise that we make other improvements in those positions.

Don't think either will come back one way or another.

Reactions: saxman
Dec 26, 2022
Only take them if the new gaffer wants them....no room for sentiment (unless of course, it's Joe Edwards..)....!!

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
Phillips has been ok. A real contribution since January, but in my view over confident at times.

However, I feel going forward Devine shows the most promise. When his confidence and poise develop we have an amazing lad at our disposal.

Lesmin

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 14, 2011
i would take both of them

tavigreen

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 19, 2009
Yes and Darko. Thought Devine looked very natural in his role today and didnā€™t misplace a pass. Phillips needs to play more mens football - would be happy to have him back here for us to offer it.

Aug 12, 2017
Devine had probably his best game for us today, he might be worth a re-loan if management reckon he can improve his consistency. slightly alarmed by some of his tackling, mind. Hard to get away with Paul Scholes tackles if you're not quite Paul Scholes in other aspects of the game.

Phillips is good - with very clear strengths and weaknesses - and if our next gaffer is someone prepared to work to develop players it'd be good for all parties to have him back for a full season.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Definitely Philips. Not so sure about Devine. He is a bit hit and miss at this level. What Philips lacks in skill at his current age, he more than compensates physically at the back.

Mar 6, 2024
Absolutely for both, i'd expect or at least hope the squad might have a bit more depth next season and i think both would make significant contributions. But it does depend who stays on and what other signings can be secured and therefore which positions require loanee enhancement

Both were key parts of our win today

Reactions: Green gino