Phillips and Devine | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Phillips and Devine

Nov 3, 2022
Phillips yes (just), Devine no.

I think we can do better in terms of utilising our limited wage budget.

Just haven’t seen enough from Devine to be convinced. Phillips is a class player but still very raw and struggles against tricky attackers.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
I think we need to go to a back 4 next season, so on that basis it’s a no for Phillips because I don’t think he’s up to being one of two centre backs.

Devine showed his quality today when he was finally played in his best position. As part of a midfield 3 I think he will be even better. Spurs rate him highly. I would take him back.

Jul 2, 2022
For some sections of the fan base they are both tainted by their association with Foster. They have huge potential though and are still very young. I think they can both make big contributions as part of a championship squad so would happily have them back. The fact Devine was picked ahead of both Houghton and Forshaw today says a lot too.

Jan 17, 2005
Surrey
For some sections of the fan base they are both tainted by their association with Foster. They have huge potential though and are still very young. I think they can both make big contributions as part of a championship squad so would happily have them back. The fact Devine was picked ahead of both Houghton and Forshaw today says a lot too.
I thought Devine was excellent today, linked up the play in a way we’ve been missing for months. His best performance for us by a mile imo.

Apr 2, 2024
I think we need to go to a back 4 next season, so on that basis it’s a no for Phillips because I don’t think he’s up to being one of two centre backs.

Devine showed his quality today when he was finally played in his best position. As part of a midfield 3 I think he will be even better. Spurs rate him highly. I would take him back.
Don’t forget Phillips is just 18.

He will just get better and better.

If he can’t get in our team next year then we will have some defence!

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
I would take both depending on these rumours about spurs contract demands. They are obviously talented. But not to build a team around necessarily, be part of a competitive squad.

Where people have claimed they are not good enough or up to it, I would say it needs to be remembered the circumstances they have been playing in since January.... With a settled squad, manager and playing style I believe they would be very good additions for us next season.

I would add darko into that and even try to sign him if possible, his personality seemed to fit argyle really well and I do wonder if we would be a good fit for him also.

Reactions: pafcshaun
Apr 4, 2007
Grantham, Lincs
I'd take them both, I think Phillips has been excellent at times a few mistakes but none of our team are innocent of that. Devine has taken a while to get up to speed but looked really good today, I seem to remember a few were as critical of Cundle when he first got here, and now we bemoan his leaving. For youngsters Championship football is a steep learning curve I think especially for a team since Christmas that has been lacking time in possession.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I thought Devine was very tidy in possession today - perhaps being played in his best position. I’d certainly give him another go.

Phillips is very promising for his age but understandably has the odd ricket in him. Again, I’d have him back - noticeably the first to congratulate Edwards for the goal today so clearly cares as well.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Whilst not getting the final pass to qualify as an assist, Devine has been instrumental in most of our goals lately. His pass to Sorinola who crossed for Morgan’s last goal is one example. He had a slowish start and was out of favour just when he was starting to make an impact. Given a whole season I’m sure he’ll be a good player.

Reactions: pafc jack