Phillips and Devine | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Phillips and Devine

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Whether they will become good players in the future and whether they are good enough for another dogfight in the Championship starting in three months' time are two completely different questions.

The answer to the first question is clearly yes. The answer to the second is not so clear.

Reactions: greenpilled
Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I doubt Dewsnip would have said we have started the ball rolling with early discussions unless both players actually said they wanted to come back. This to me says we must have a chance.
I was very surprised he confirmed it. Either he made an error in saying it, or as I suspect talks are quite advanced.

Reactions: pafc jack
Jul 12, 2016
I was very surprised he confirmed it. Either he made an error in saying it, or as I suspect talks are quite advanced.
Even more surprising is that we are trying to fix up deals for players which the new head coach/ manager may not want.?

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Philips can play in a 3 and a 4 and has champ experience so canā€™t think of many better prospects in his mold. Devine looks really good in the deep role but we already have depth there so not sure heā€™s versatile enough to use up a loan slot but wouldnā€™t be disappointed if he came back as he looks really good in that role.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Even more surprising is that we are trying to fix up deals for players which the new head coach/ manager may not want.?

That should be the model though, we sign players who fit Plymouth Argyle rather than different individual coaches.

Obviously that makes it incredibly important we appoint a head coach who fits the club and the kind of players we sign. Which we didnā€™t manage to do in January, but must do this summer.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
We're not going to appoint a 'manager'. ND made that clear yesterday.

Sep 22, 2003
Not at all. If we wait until we have a new manager before starting to discuss then it may be too late.
Would you suggest that contracts shouldn't be agreed with Brendan or Mickel until the new guy is appointed.

Oct 14, 2015
Iā€™m working at Stevenage tomorrow as Spurs U21s have a home game against Aston Villa, they play their home games at Stevenage ground.

Iā€™ll ask one of the U21 coaches a cheeky question or two about Ashley and Alfie šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Jul 12, 2016
That should be the model though, we sign players who fit Plymouth Argyle rather than different individual coaches.

Obviously that makes it incredibly important we appoint a head coach who fits the club and the kind of players we sign. Which we didnā€™t manage to do in January, but must do this summer.
Talk about putting the cart before the horse! Letā€™s just give the new headcoach / manager the players and tell him to get on with it!šŸ™„

Jul 12, 2016
Not at all. If we wait until we have a new manager before starting to discuss then it may be too late.
Would you suggest that contracts shouldn't be agreed with Brendan or Mickel until the new guy is appointed.
Yes , I would. What a strange way of going about things.