Pilgrims Podcast Thread | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pilgrims Podcast Thread

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Nope , but feel free to indulge me! 😂

Enjoying the podcasts, like sitting in a pub with mates over drinks discussing Argyle.

Wasn't able to gauge your position on Warnock though ;):ROFLMAO:.

May not be a popular view on here as he seems to have, to me, illogically a good number of supporters. Some posters were still touting his name after it was announced we were going with Dewsnip and Nance.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
New Pod : BBC Radio Stoke's commentator Sohail Sahi joins Mark, Chris and Tom to preview the trip (not by helicopter) to Staffordshire. Messrs Schumacher, Cundle and Ennis feature heavily in the discussion with both their current and former employers set to meet on the bet365 dancefloor this Saturday.

Listen here : https://linktr.ee/pilgrimspodcast
I don't get why you were bigging up Ennis. Yes he did well for us at the end of last season but that was League One. This division is a vastly different proposition. He couldn't cut it in a poor Blackburn side. I thought your man from Stoke was being kind. From what I have read, Ennis being a 100% trier hasn't won too many supporters over. "Has the first touch of a trampoline" was one of the best lines. Another wrote "Having seen the hapless Gayle earlier in the season I cannot believe we have paid half a million to get someone worse. And we've got him for another two years."
However, his interpretation of Schumacher's position accords with most of the supporter comments I have seem but the "Jon Walters wants his own man" was news to me.

Aug 9, 2023
linktr.ee
Chris, Mark, and Archie sit down to discuss another dramatic twist in the relegation fight, as Argyle were humbled 3-0 at the hands of Steven Schumacher's Stoke City. Truly a day to forget, yet the pod discusses the damage this result has done and looks ahead to next week's crucial away trip to Millwall. A bumper quiz wraps things up to help lighten the mood.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Chris, Mark, and Archie sit down to discuss another dramatic twist in the relegation fight, as Argyle were humbled 3-0 at the hands of Steven Schumacher's Stoke City. Truly a day to forget, yet the pod discusses the damage this result has done and looks ahead to next week's crucial away trip to Millwall. A bumper quiz wraps things up to help lighten the mood.

Another great listen. Thanks.

Couple points you didn't manage to give airtime to (IMHO).

Ipswich debate - financially in a totally different spot to us. Plus a £100m investment in last few weeks just to further widen that gulf.

Squad - threadbare in couple key areas I'd suggest (midfield and attack). Partly due to the January window where we recruited players to boost the defensive areas and a coach who decided to switch us tactically to three centre backs.

We also released players we could definitely do with now, in particular, I think Butcher - his attributes would have been beneficial in games where we need to compete more physically in central areas.

Aug 9, 2023
linktr.ee
Another great listen. Thanks.

Couple points you didn't manage to give airtime to (IMHO).

Ipswich debate - financially in a totally different spot to us. Plus a £100m investment in last few weeks just to further widen that gulf.

Squad - threadbare in couple key areas I'd suggest (midfield and attack). Partly due to the January window where we recruited players to boost the defensive areas and a coach who decided to switch us tactically to three centre backs.

We also released players we could definitely do with now, in particular, I think Butcher - his attributes would have been beneficial in games where we need to compete more physically in central areas.
All good points ! You are quite right about Ipswich, a massive financial gulf between us.

Let us know if you have any points you'd like discussed on pods going forward. Happy to discuss topics/questions suggested on hear ( within reason of course!).

Thanks for listening and the kinds words , it's greatly appreciated.

Sorry— I have to say I couldn’t get through this one as I found the extended Dewsnip-bashing rather depressing and unwarranted. If we had got the lucky late goal instead of Millwall, we’d have taken the three points, which is what everyone wanted. Every game-plan works until the moment when it doesn’t and I would have been happy with a dogged 1-0 away win.

As many of us said at the time, Leicester would have been the most logical time to have rested Hardie but, if we had done, I doubt Bundu would have scored his goal, cutting in from the left, in a game no-one realistically expected us to a win.

We now welcome Hull, against whom I’m not expecting us to win, but I am expecting Dewsnip and Nance to be setting us up to get some kind of result. We’re well overdue a penalty at this stage.

Re: Warnock. Whatever anyone says, he wouldn’t have been the solution to our recent problems. The continuity decision was the club’s best option in the circumstances.

Last edited:

JadePilgrim

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Aug 7, 2012
I managed to get through Mark's doom and gloom fest, but I totally understand how he feels, you can hear the whole range of emotions that many fans have when we're up against it.
I don't think Dewsnip is at fault though. I totally get what they were trying to do and if it had worked they would have been lauded. As for talk of "arrogance", wth? He's in charge for now, he's got to make decisions and stand by them, with hardly any margin for error.
What it comes down to is; if we get any kind of result, it's great having Nance and Dewsnip and the players are all in it together with the GA.
If we lose, we lack ambition, players have let their heads drop and we were always a league one club.

It could just be, that we were going really well for our first season and circumstances were thrust upon us, which have derailed that. If we survive then we will have deserved our spot in the Championship.
I think that sentiment kind of came through in the end.

Reactions: Mitch