Plan B? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plan B?

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Make no mistake Saturday was horrible, but if you throw away your ideals and principlas after any setback, well then they arent really ideals or principals are they?

Some things appear self evident.

Possession across the back three is pointless if all that happens is a long punt which then comes back....

Slow build up allows the opposition to organise and mark more tightly

Better players at this level mean we have to be more clinical in executing. Mulgrew absolutely dominated the back line for them, and found time to score a goal from a. set piece....

TBH I think two quick goals meant we had such a slim chance to get back, especially as Camara was withdrawn and was the only midfielder we had who might run the ball upfield...Fornah doesn't , Grant doesn't and in his quietest game so far Mayor didn't. Unfortunately his best moment was the shot which could d and possibly should have made it 2-1 and which might have turned the game.

Fleetwood also negated our wing backs totally....hardly recall them getting on the ball.....

Nouble and Telford is not as effective as Hardie and Jephcott, and I would say Nouble is an impact sub based on this seasons performances....Telford is just a sub so far....

We don't have a centre half who can run the ball out to change the picture for the opposition midfield....well actually we do but he isn't in the team that often as Scott Wooton can do it....

I also think Reeves for Camara would have been a better switch as d from the limited time we have seen him he likes to move the ball forward....and keeps possession.

For Tuesday I would bring in Reeves for Camara, Cooper for Moore ( probably if only because off the law of the ex) and swap out the forwards returning to Hardie and Jephcott. On the whole I like Opoku and Watts Anas defenders ( although Watts is not. left back by any stretch) and I am indifferent between Wooton and Aimson which disappoints me because I thought Aimson was going to be a major upgrade now fit.

The press play on iFollow and hide behind the sofa

Oct 5, 2013
pafcprogs":3nhlsbbi said:
Make no mistake Saturday was horrible, but if you throw away your ideals and principlas after any setback, well then they arent really ideals or principals are they?

Possession across the back three is pointless if all that happens is a long punt which then comes back....

Better players at this level mean we have to be more clinical in executing. Mulgrew absolutely dominated the back line for them, and found time to score a goal from a. set piece....

TBH I think two quick goals meant we had such a slim chance to get back, especially as Camara was withdrawn and was the only midfielder we had who might run the ball upfield...Fornah doesn't , Grant doesn't and in his quietest game so far Mayor didn't. Unfortunately his best moment was the shot which could d and possibly should have made it 2-1 and which might have turned the game.

Fleetwood also negated our wing backs totally....hardly recall them getting on the ball.....

Nouble and Telford is not as effective as Hardie and Jephcott, and I would say Nouble is an impact sub based on this seasons performances....Telford is just a sub so far....

We don't have a centre half who can run the ball out to change the picture for the opposition midfield....well actually we do but he isn't in the team that often as Scott Wooton can do it....

I also think Reeves for Camara would have been a better switch as d from the limited time we have seen him he likes to move the ball forward....and keeps possession.

For Tuesday I would bring in Reeves for Camara, Cooper for Moore ( probably if only because off the law of the ex) and swap out the forwards returning to Hardie and Jephcott. On the whole I like Opoku and Watts Anas defenders ( although Watts is not. left back by any stretch) and I am indifferent between Wooton and Aimson which disappoints me because I thought Aimson was going to be a major upgrade now fit.

Good ideas here, and it seems to me from his selections that RL does really consider his starting choices, so look forward to seeing Tuesday’s team, formation and subs.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
pafcprogs":3rjlybxi said:

Mr Watts is actually a converted midfielder.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":2nlr4rbb said:
Steve Evans":2nlr4rbb said:
Balham_Green":2nlr4rbb said:
So how does Lowe change things when Plan A isn't working? We do try the longer ball sometimes but we don't have players up front who can make it stick. Ryan Taylor leaving was a big mistake. We also don't appear to have too many Midfielders who can win a tackle and drive us forward. They can play a nice pass occasionally but then go missing e.g. Grant, Reeves. So we can't play it through Midfield either. Mayor is the only outlet. Seems to me that Lowe has backed himself in to a corner. Bought players to suit his system and can't change it even if he wanted to.
ryan taylor was very often injured.luke jephcott makes it stick up front as he did today.he and hardie will start on tuesday.

Jephcott and Nouble for me.

When George Cooper plays I think Jephcott and Hardie benefit from the quicker cross/pass that Cooper delivers because those front 2 are always moving.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Tugboat":1quz9ohw said:
If we had 2 commanding, able and competent centre backs then maybe we wouldn’t need 3 average CB’s and 2 poor wingbacks.

Aimson, Wootton and Canavan are L2 standard.

Plan B has to include a flat back 4 to get us control in midfield

I don’t think our wing backs are poor. Bit harsh I feel.

Oct 5, 2013
JannerinCardiff":2xvw4pv8 said:
Tugboat":2xvw4pv8 said:
If we had 2 commanding, able and competent centre backs then maybe we wouldn’t need 3 average CB’s and 2 poor wingbacks.

Aimson, Wootton and Canavan are L2 standard.

Plan B has to include a flat back 4 to get us control in midfield

I don’t think our wing backs are poor. Bit harsh I feel.

I think we’ll see Edwards and George Cooper as wingbacks tonight. Cooper is getting better at defending, Mayor also covers back for him, and we know how devastating they can be attacking, so I think they make a good combo.
Someone just said that Jephcott and Hardie thrive off Cooper’s crossing because they are always on the move looking to get on the end - think this is spot on.