Players worth a look at (the 'how about ..' thread) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Players worth a look at (the 'how about ..' thread)

Mar 17, 2022
East of the tamar
I would go for Sam Nombe for his size and ability to hold up the ball.

But other than that we have the spread the net far and wide and try Europe where players are technically better and cheaper

Nov 18, 2011
I've always rated Tom Eaves, always been a nuisance against us and we have missed a target man option. Two goals yesterday, Hugill is another good Championship target man.
Some will say their goalscoring record isn't good enough but as we saw, they are playing in a very poor team that doesn't attack and we've seen how Hardie's record has dropped as we got more defensive.
I remember a few years ago at Priestfield he scored a hat trick and gave the Green Army grief. Never liked him after that

Reactions: Deacster
Dec 9, 2012
Don't know if he has been mentioned, but Dion Charles of Bolton is proven L1 striker who could make the step up to Championship level.
He may well be out of our price range as he has two years left on his contract.

Reactions: Moorlander
Oct 14, 2015
“Dominic Ball is out of contract at Portman Road and has struggled for minutes at Championship level, so it won't be a surprise if he leaves this summer”

Has lot’s of Championship experience and will definitely be available on a free this Summer as no chance of making Ipswich first team squad in the Premiership..

Midfielder

Reactions: Paul green14
Nov 18, 2011
“Dominic Ball is out of contract at Portman Road and has struggled for minutes at Championship level, so it won't be a surprise if he leaves this summer”

Has lot’s of Championship experience and will definitely be available on a free this Summer as no chance of making Ipswich first team squad in the Premiership..

Midfielder
There'll be a few players in that Ipswich team they've had since League 1 who won't make the step up to the Premier League. Some kid called Pan for one...

Reactions: Paul green14
Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
A random one but I was over in Krakow in February and watched Cracovia Vs Warta Poznan. Right winger for Warta was Kajetan Szmyt. Similar sort of player to MW.. certainly caught my eye anyway. 7 goals and 2 assists this season.

May 28, 2015
Langstaff, although will cost a lot
Max Dean 20y.o striker from MK dons scored 15 goals
Isaac Hutchinson attacking midfielder at Walsall 12 goals 11 assists this season
Will evans at Newport is out of contract end of the season, scored 21 goals.

Reactions: MustardEagle
Oct 10, 2018
Campy devlin, Australian international and one of best defensive midfielders in Scottish premiership and with a value of 500 K is a steel

Reactions: Gunny green