Plenty going on inside | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plenty going on inside

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Emu":3qov6mwj said:
HC Green":3qov6mwj said:
There isn’t much of the inside left. From the Lyndhurst you can see straight through the Grandstand.

I know it's probably a cash issue, but if there is nothing much left apart from the the basic steel frames and roof etc, wouldn't it have been just as easy to knock it all down and start afresh with a brand new stand?

The core of the the building is as strong now as the day it was put up Phil no need to knock it down and start again.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ponty":xgzdw4ks said:
Emu":xgzdw4ks said:
HC Green":xgzdw4ks said:
There isn’t much of the inside left. From the Lyndhurst you can see straight through the Grandstand.

I know it's probably a cash issue, but if there is nothing much left apart from the the basic steel frames and roof etc, wouldn't it have been just as easy to knock it all down and start afresh with a brand new stand?

The core of the the building is as strong now as the day it was put up Phil no need to knock it down and start again.
As Ponty says, I presume that the whole structure has been well painted/treated over the years, if there has been no (or minimal) water ingress or ground movement, it is probably stronger to leave it in place rather than excavate the frame out. Hopefully the surveys are all duly diligent!! :thumbs:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Plenty going on outside today as well, digger has finished the trench in front of the grandstand a red/orange plastic covering has been put down almost up to the tunnel, and a base put down on top of some of it, as batesy said grinder is busy up in the grandstand soil has been removed and leveled around the big pipe.

Now all we need is the other 2 cameras working and I think we will be amazed with what is going on especially at the back of the grandstand

Also I am amazed at the amount of work that goes on the pitch every day. Those groundsman must be in pretty good shape as they appear to cut the grass almost every day and they walk the grasscutter, they are not sitting on a lawnmower. :clap:

B

batesy65

Ottawa Green":2dtim6ot said:
Plenty going on outside today as well, digger has finished the trench in front of the grandstand a red/orange plastic covering has been put down almost up to the tunnel, and a base put down on top of some of it, as batesy said grinder is busy up in the grandstand soil has been removed and leveled around the big pipe.

Now all we need is the other 2 cameras working and I think we will be amazed with what is going on especially at the back of the grandstand

Also I am amazed at the amount of work that goes on the pitch every day. Those groundsman must be in pretty good shape as they appear to cut the grass almost every day and they walk the grasscutter, they are not sitting on a lawnmower. :clap:

This morning they are making good work of lining the pitch going up and down with boards.looking amazing,lets hope the lads can do us proud on the pitch sat.
Also loads of what looked lie cabling going into grandstand this morning. :thumbup: :thumbup:

B

batesy65

What i thiught was cabling is actually tyres! No idea why they would need them up there?

B

batesy65

On greens on screen you will see a couple in for display only(wrong colour)

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
batesy65":5ghyq9nl said:
What i thiught was cabling is actually tyres! No idea why they would need them up there?

Protection for the concrete from falling metalwork when the roof comes off?

tonsk