Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 5 March | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 5 March

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Home Park has the smallest following of away fans in League Two ...
Average away League Two followings at specific grounds (before the game against Grimsby):
868 at Salford City
668 at Crewe Alexandra
603 at Bradford City
599 at Macclesfield Town
586 at Walsall
585 at Leyton Orient
534 at Northampton Town
526 at Swindon Town
487 at Morecambe
481 at Stevenage
455 at Forest Green Rovers
447 at Cheltenham Town
445 at Mansfield Town
437 at Cambridge United
429 at Oldham Athletic
390 at Colchester United
375 at Port Vale
368 at Carlisle United
357 at Grimsby Town
347 at Newport County
338 at Crawley Town
336 at Exeter City
283 at Scunthorpe United
259 at Argyle

The latest betting for promotion from League Two ....
Swindon 1/25
Crewe 1/4
Exeter 4/7
Argyle 4/6
Cheltenham 4/5
Colchester 3/1
Northampton 7/2
Port Vale 8/1
Bradford 12/1

Ryan Lowe talks about the strike partnership of Ryan Hardie and Luke Jephcott ..
ā€œItā€™s a great combination and weā€™ve also got other players, who are just as good. Weā€™re just pleased to have three points, three goals and a clean sheet.
ā€œTheyā€™ve been terrific and I call Hardie a greyhound because heā€™s rapido and when he gets in there, heā€™s calm and composed. Fair play to him, every time heā€™s got into those positions, youā€™re confident heā€™s going to hit the back of the net.
ā€œWhat people often donā€™t see is the big picture; we have monitors in the dug-out, eyes in the sky and people watching from different angles, people analysing and telling us what is going on.
ā€œWe donā€™t just look at Ryan scoring when heā€™s come off the bench, we look at the chances heā€™s been given, the chances heā€™s created and we do that with all the forwards.
ā€œIn Ryan Hardieā€™s case, he has always been in the right place at the right time, and it was proved when he was put through, stayed calm and composed. Ryan is a fantastic asset, heā€™s scoring goals and thatā€™s what we brought him in to do.ā€
Ryan also talked about his squad .. club website
ā€œIā€™ve got no questions when Iā€™ve got to put Conor Grant in the team, or Ryan Hardie, or George Cooper. Theyā€™re all just as important as everyone in the building and thatā€™s why I feel weā€™ve got a good squad.ā€
Grimsby Matchday Moments .... You Tube

Grimsby Tunnel Cam .... You Tube

Ryan Lowe gives an injury update ...

Ryan Lowe talks about the coronavirus ..
ā€œI think the hierarchy at the club are in touch with the EFL and the FA, and all that, and we just get told what to do.
ā€œIf they say to us ā€˜Look, you canā€™t shake hands, then we wonā€™t shake handsā€™.
ā€œBut until we are told otherwise, we will just crack on as normal. Whatever needs to be done we will do.ā€
Ryan Lowe gives credit to the players for responding to the Bradford defeat and winning against Grimsby ... club website

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Whelan11":1u6mrokc said:
Pogleswoody":1u6mrokc said:
5 teams odds on for 3 promotion places? :think: Generous that.

4 go up from League Two :)

I presumed those prices were for automatic promotion?
Still not generous if not, your team has to win more games to go up via playoffs. Who can really be odds on to do that at this stage? :think:

Feb 14, 2007
Taunton
Pogleswoody":2gf06ds6 said:
Whelan11":2gf06ds6 said:
Pogleswoody":2gf06ds6 said:
5 teams odds on for 3 promotion places? :think: Generous that.

4 go up from League Two :)

I presumed those prices were for automatic promotion?
Still not generous if not, your team has to win more games to go up via playoffs. Who can really be odds on to do that at this stage? :think:

Nope, it's for all four promotion places! You're right, it's really poor value.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
When you look at the away attendance figures they are really poor from our rivals considering how often we travel and the distances - they only have to make the long journey down to us once. Must add up to a significant loss of income over a season.

Returnofthepob

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
bringonthemilkman":n44zt0qi said:
When you look at the away attendance figures they are really poor from our rivals considering how often we travel and the distances - they only have to make the long journey down to us once. Must add up to a significant loss of income over a season.

If you take 23 games x Ā£20 x 609 (diff vs Salford) indeed quite a sum...not a true ā€œlossā€ but you are right quit a ā€œmissed opportunityā€

Ā£280k

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Ironic also that as well as being the worst attended ground by away fans we have the highest average number of travelling fans I think. So not only do we not benefit from fans paying on our gates but we give a super-boost to the finances of all the other teams when we play them at their grounds.

Aug 10, 2006
no surprise with away support always been the same most supporters visit Argyle once tick it off then don't go again.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Well, if the mindset of the ā€˜bestā€™ fans, and worst stewards, is to make HP intimidating and unpleasant, one can fully understand why they donā€™t bother to come back. Reap what you sow, obvs.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Gary_Wills":yoltoamq said:
Well, if the mindset of the ā€˜bestā€™ fans, and worst stewards, is to make HP intimidating and unpleasant, one can fully understand why they donā€™t bother to come back. Reap what you sow, obvs.
That is very unreasonable and unwarranted. It does seem that many of your posts are cynical when I manage to understand what you are trying to say.
How many of our home games do you watch?
I have read many complimentary comments, from visiting supporters, about our club, particularly those who have attended the Green Tavernersā€™ Fanfests.

Aug 5, 2016
Gary_Wills":339jwe15 said:

Probably more to do with the long arduous drive rather than aggressive stewarding, obvs.