Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Wednesday 7 April | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Wednesday 7 April

P

plymouthjoe

Don't worry. Next season we will have at least 10,000 vocal captains telling them what to do.

Jan 21, 2007
xmastree said:
Welwyn Pilgrim said:
We need 2 old pros in the line up to be vocal at the start of the 2nd half to get into the team, gee them up, be loud ensuring they keep their concentration.

We have no leaders...

Why do they need to be old to be vocal

I think we do need a couple of old players in the squad ... at least 70 years old, so they can tell the younger players what it was like in their day, how much half a shilling would get them, and how confused they get with modern day technology ...

That’s all we’re missing :thumbs:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
saxman":2nuwtqdg said:
They must be doing lots of analysing the stats, which would be interesting to see in detail. But you can almost sense the 'oh no, not again' attitude of the players when they concede early in the second half(s). I agree with everyone who says that this is when some more level headed experience is needed. I'm sure that many of us will remember when we were players at whatever level, the importance of a trusted, vocal captain who lifted the whole team when things got tough. No offence to Edwards, who has had a good season, but Argyle do seem to lack that.

This problem of letting goals in didn’t seem as bad when we played a back 4 with 2 proper defenders in Aimson and Woods as the CB’s.

Oct 31, 2015
plymouthjoe":bd1gl6i5 said:
Don't worry. Next season we will have at least 10,000 vocal captains telling them what to do.

:funny: :funny:

I so hope we are.

For me it's fitness, concentration and leadership. All 3 missing from this team.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
When I watch us play, haven’t missed a game yet, I’m sometimes reminded of the old saying all fur coat and no knickers. At times nice to look at but nothing underneath all the frippery.