Plymouth Argyle transfer rumour round-up | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle transfer rumour round-up

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Danielsan":3p4fca8p said:
Suuuuuuper...

Maybe today.

It does look like it. He was offered a contract by Swindon so he is turning that down to maybe rejoin us.
I guess Michael Cooper will be number 1 and McCormick will provide good experienced back-up when needed or if Cooper struggles.

Jun 27, 2019
McCormick? No thanks. Didn't want him back the first time and I'd like to think we could do much better several years on from that - even just as back-up.

As back up and mentor to Coops he'd be invaluable. Also can do a lot of outreach for the club as he did previously. Always thought one of DA's biggest mistakes was letting him go - some players are more than the sum of their parts with regard to their impact on the group & wider community and Luke's definitely one of them.

May 28, 2015
Heard from a very good source that Blackpool are happy for hardie to go but it appears it is going to be a loan again with us paying his wages. I believe he is out of contract next year? So maybe we can sign him permanently then

Jun 27, 2019
PAFC123":1uyk436d said:
Heard from a very good source that Blackpool are happy for hardie to go but it appears it is going to be a loan again with us paying his wages. I believe he is out of contract next year? So maybe we can sign him permanently then

Wouldn't that be a bit shortsighted from Blackpool? They must really want his wages off the books if they're prepared to write off a six-figure transfer fee.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Can I get a refund on my season ticket if McCormick comes back. Despaired when he was here last time and cringed at every "super" chant that was made.
Too many silly mistakes, weak at near post and I still reckon we would of got promoted were it not for his lack of dribbling skills (was it Northampton?). It should've been in row ZZ instead of trying to be a Pele.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
That assumes we would be prepared to pay a six figure transfer fee.

From Argyles perspective we know that things will be uncertain going forward, so a loan which costs us his wages with the prospect of signing him for free would be great....although the risk is he does well and then higher level clubs come sniffing at the end of his deal.

It also presumes that he wants to be here but may not want to commit beyond the year to see how it works for his family....

I think he is an instinctive finisher that suits Lowes system and gives us more threat, and he knows that he would get game time here that he may not now Yeates has arrived. Blackpool have two expensive hard to shift contracted forwards in Nuttall and Madine, so it may be moving Hardies wages helps them and if he starts well they may have a recall and sell opportunity in the January ( or whenever it is now ) window.

Time will tell.

Aug 17, 2005
If I was Blackpool would not want him being loaned out to reduce the wage bill. It would make more sense to transfer him not for an upfront fee but based on appearances and profit of any future transfer. That way there is a chance to get there money back a loan doesnt.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
John Cooper":26ut0va3 said:
Can I get a refund on my season ticket if McCormick comes back. Despaired when he was here last time and cringed at every "super" chant that was made.
Too many silly mistakes, weak at near post and I still reckon we would have got promoted were it not for his lack of dribbling skills (was it Northampton?). It should've been in row ZZ instead of trying to be a Pele.

Each to their own but I think that’s a strange take. He captained us to promotion & put in a countless number of top displays. Every goalkeeper makes mistakes & those mistakes are more glaring because they often result in goals - Remi Matthews was loved here (rightly so) and yet he made quite a number of bloopers. Luke definitely wasn’t as sharp toward the end of his time with us after injuries hit, but overall, he was very good for us over a number of seasons.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge":taiqfcv3 said:
John Cooper":taiqfcv3 said:
Too many silly mistakes, weak at near post and I still reckon we would have got promoted were it not for his lack of dribbling skills (was it Northampton?). It should've been in row ZZ instead of trying to be a Pele.

Each to their own but I think that’s a strange take. He captained us to promotion & put in a countless number of top displays. Every goalkeeper makes mistakes & those mistakes are more glaring because they often result in goals - Remi Matthews was loved here (rightly so) and yet he made quite a number of bloopers. Luke definitely wasn’t as sharp toward the end of his time with us after injuries hit, but overall, he was very good for us over a number of seasons.

If Cooper is going to be given 'first choice' status next season, I can't think of many better mentors than Luke to bring on a young Argyle keeper. If Cooper got injured and Luke had to step up we could always look at a loan, depending how long the injury is.
I'd welcome Luke back in that role. :scarf: