Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Dec 18, 2008
I always like to keep an eye out for potential summer recruits by observing the retained lists for clubs in our league or that of the one above. These are not rumours, but just notes I have been taking so far.

Apologies mods if this is not the place to post these, but I saw nowhere else and few others have put some names down here.

Amadou Bakayoko Media sources around Home Park - including Chris Errington believe Argyle are in the mix for a Centre Forward for the new season. Someone with a bit of experience and maybe someone that might offer something a little different from Ennis, Hardie and Jephcott. I bring you Bakayoko - recently released from Championship side Coventry. 6'4" Striker signed for an undisclosed fee from Walsall. Has never been a prolific goal scorer at anytime in his career, but has played many games at EFL One level and more recently the Championship. After failing to make the step up to the Championship was released by Coventry.

Tommy Elphick 33yo Central Defender released by Huddersfield. Vastly experinced defender that has 12 Premier League appearances to his name. Played 12 times for the Terriers in the championship although, has been unable to make any appearances since for Huddersfield after requiring knee surgery in 2019. Where ever he gets his next contract, if indeed he will continue to play, he will need to prove his fitness. Could be a risk as of Lewis Macleod, but Elphick is definitely the profile of player that fits the need Mr Lowe is looking for.

Demeaco Duhaney Staying with the Huddersfield theme. Right full back or Wing back Duhaney. Capped at Under 20 level for England and fresh off a season of 14 appearances, including 7 starts at Championship level. Made his Huddersfield debut while they were still playing the Premier League. Still rather raw and lacks game time but could easily fit in as a vice to Edwards as he has made the RWB slot his own.

Emyr Huws 27yo midfielder released from Ipswich. At 27 could have the best spell of his career to come. Has represented the Wales national team, winning 11 caps. Scoring against the Dutch in a friendly in Cardiff. Has played nearly 100 times at Championship level with Wigan, Huddersfield, Cardiff and latterly at Ipswich Town. A player to link the defense to the attack. Experienced a good age, and could possibly fill the void left by Fornah and Macleod.

If I have a positive response to this, I might be willing to edit this post in the future as I see more names come available.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Personally speaking I find transfer speculation very interesting. I like checking out players mentioned by all sources so for me the more names the better.

Misco":21ekvksa said:
I always like to keep an eye out for potential summer recruits by observing the retained lists for clubs in our league or that of the one above. These are not rumours, but just notes I have been taking so far.

Apologies mods if this is not the place to post these, but I saw nowhere else and few others have put some names down here.

Amadou Bakayoko Media sources around Home Park - including Chris Errington believe Argyle are in the mix for a Centre Forward for the new season. Someone with a bit of experience and maybe someone that might offer something a little different from Ennis, Hardie and Jephcott. I bring you Bakayoko - recently released from Championship side Coventry. 6'4" Striker signed for an undisclosed fee from Walsall. Has never been a prolific goal scorer at anytime in his career, but has played many games at EFL One level and more recently the Championship. After failing to make the step up to the Championship was released by Coventry.

Tommy Elphick 33yo Central Defender released by Huddersfield. Vastly experinced defender that has 12 Premier League appearances to his name. Played 12 times for the Terriers in the championship although, has been unable to make any appearances since for Huddersfield after requiring knee surgery in 2019. Where ever he gets his next contract, if indeed he will continue to play, he will need to prove his fitness. Could be a risk as of Lewis Macleod, but Elphick is definitely the profile of player that fits the need Mr Lowe is looking for.

Demeaco Duhaney Staying with the Huddersfield theme. Right full back or Wing back Duhaney. Capped at Under 20 level for England and fresh off a season of 14 appearances, including 7 starts at Championship level. Made his Huddersfield debut while they were still playing the Premier League. Still rather raw and lacks game time but could easily fit in as a vice to Edwards as he has made the RWB slot his own.

Emyr Huws 27yo midfielder released from Ipswich. At 27 could have the best spell of his career to come. Has represented the Wales national team, winning 11 caps. Scoring against the Dutch in a friendly in Cardiff. Has played nearly 100 times at Championship level with Wigan, Huddersfield, Cardiff and latterly at Ipswich Town. A player to link the defense to the attack. Experienced a good age, and could possibly fill the void left by Fornah and Macleod.

If I have a positive response to this, I might be willing to edit this post in the future as I see more names come available.

Surprised to see Elphick only has 12 appearances in the prem but definitely the case - wealth of experience in league 1 and the championship with Brighton, Bournemouth, Reading and Huddersfield though albeit not in a while since his knee op. If he does carry on playing then a 3.5 hour drive from his family in Brighton and an hour and half from Bournemouth where he had the best phase of his career would be an option for him.

Aug 5, 2016
JannerinCardiff":3v9q6uhr said:
jerryatricjanner":3v9q6uhr said:
Would be a great signing but 66 miles or 276 miles from home, an 85 minute drive or a 5 hour drive? We would have to offer more than Shrewsbury to tempt him for sure.

Reasons Pennington should come to Argyle rather than Shrewsbury;-

1. We should be able to offer a better wage
2. We should on paper be a better team and certainly more ambitious next season than Shrewsbury - Lowe has said he wants to be challenging in the top half of the table next season. - which is better to play in a team than wins more mentally and also financially to a player with win bonusses
3. We will have around double the average crowd that Shrewsbury do next season and far better stadium and possibly training facilities than Shrewsbury - how great would it be to play in front of 18-20k for big matches next season - and there are a fair few of them.
4. Being from the North West of England he'll hopefully be able to understand our manager's accent
5. Plymouth is nicer than Shrewsbury
6. Could be best friends with Conor Grant as they are the same age and were at Everton from 18 year olds.
7 The famous Green Army to support you on your travels

Can't tell if this is for real or not?

Perhaps it is best to refer to the league table to come back to reality.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Tristan Nydam. 20 yrs old Released by Ipswich. Can play in midfield and left back.

Ipswich fans are not happy about him being released.

Aug 17, 2005
One of the sites I read stated that there was over 150 players released by championship clubs so far. How many of those will find alternative employment at that level.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Misco":3p7kaxqn said:
Moorlander":3p7kaxqn said:
A very interesting read Misco. I for one would be delighted to see this as a regular post.

leeroy221":3p7kaxqn said:
Keep em coming Misco :thumbup:

Thank you.

It is good to see these names highlighted, but at the end of the day it matters not if Argyle's managerial team fail to read / or become aware of the possibilities. It does however make it an intriguing closed season for Pasotites to speculate how the gaps will be refilled. I wonder whether RL will take more than a month off, before he gets back.in his office on the phone to agents / clubs

Apr 1, 2009
Quintrell_Green":3lfraggt said:
Misco":3lfraggt said:
Moorlander":3lfraggt said:
A very interesting read Misco. I for one would be delighted to see this as a regular post.

leeroy221":3lfraggt said:
Keep em coming Misco :thumbup:

Thank you.

It is good to see these names highlighted, but at the end of the day it matters not if Argyle's managerial team fail to read / or become aware of the possibilities. It does however make it an intriguing closed season for Pasotites to speculate how the gaps will be refilled. I wonder whether RL will take more than a month off, before he gets back.in his office on the phone to agents / clubs

More than a month off? Are you serious? That would mean resuming a week before pre-season!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think Ryan Lowe has said his phone will be on even tho he’ll be having some family time.

May 16, 2018
Just a few names I have seen from some of the retained lists lately that stand out

Niall Mason - Peterborough
Louis Reed - Peterborough
Sam Finley - Fleetwood
Josh Ginnelly - Preston/Hearts
Luke Leahy - Bristol Rovers
Max Biamou - Coventry
Amadou Bakayoko - Coventry
Jaden Brown - Huddersfield
Sean Goss - Shrewsbury
Ro-Shaun Williams - Shrewsbury

May 22, 2006
Nicky Maynard has been released from Mansfield. Not sure if they released a video of him leaving.

Hopefully Lowe will not be interested this time.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Opi Edwards - right sided utility player released by Bristol City, only 22 and broke into their first team under Holden before falling out of favour under Pearson. Could be good competition / backup for Joe Edwards.

I like the Huws shout mentioned earlier, he's a terrific footballer and former international. However, he is very injury-prone, so could go either way (Jamie Ness was extremely injury-prone but we got 59 appearances out of him in 2 years). Worth a gamble I'd say if his wages aren't too much.

I think Luke Chambers has been mentioned too, excellent defender and good on the ball as well. However, he's 36 in September.