Plymouth Argyle v AFC Wimbledon Match Thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v AFC Wimbledon Match Thread

Dec 30, 2020
Don't agree at all that Wimbledon can feel hard done by or anything like that. They were completely useless - other than their keeper, who made a lot of good saves in the first half.

We absolutely deserved the win on the basis of a pretty good first half performance when we scored a nice goal and created a few chances. Mayor, Lewis and Ennis played some decent stuff and Grant and Fornah kept us ticking over efficiently in midfield.

Second half was terrible - just endlessly giving the ball away. But Wimbledon never did anything with it. Our back 4 and then 3 and Cooper were all resolute, getting lots of blocks and headers in and generally preventing any real clear cut chances.

Sep 6, 2006
Daz":1lbugyb2 said:
Balham_Green":1lbugyb2 said:
Daz":1lbugyb2 said:
demportdave":1lbugyb2 said:
Another thrilling, entertaining game... not!

Mostly one-way traffic for 45 minutes.

Mayor and Camara AWOL, ditto Ennis.

Good job they were crap where in mattered in our box.

Jephcott and Moore an absolute waste of time, unless Lowe sent them on to give the ball back to Wimbledon.

Quite the ray of sunshine here.

Get your vitamin D folks.

Anything constructive to contribute?

Other than saying we won, had a clean sheet and have 3 points....

If Dd and yourself want to dwell on not attacking like Man City for 90 mins thatā€™s up to you.

If you canā€™t enjoy a win surely thereā€™s no point?

Yes I really enjoyed being totally outplayed for long periods by a bottom 4 side. Was an afternoon and Ā£10 well spent. Glad you enjoyed that. Think I'll take up train spotting. I think you would find that exhilarating from what you are saying.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3k3n2ic1 said:
Close the site down then for the night? Or Summer?

Sep 6, 2006
greenpilled":1ivewwy9 said:
Don't agree at all that Wimbledon can feel hard done by or anything like that. They were completely useless - other than their keeper, who made a lot of good saves in the first half.

We absolutely deserved the win on the basis of a pretty good first half performance when we scored a nice goal and created a few chances. Mayor, Lewis and Ennis played some decent stuff and Grant and Fornah kept us ticking over efficiently in midfield.

Second half was terrible - just endlessly giving the ball away. But Wimbledon never did anything with it. Our back 4 and then 3 and Cooper were all resolute, getting lots of blocks and headers in and generally preventing any real clear cut chances.

Well if Wimbledon were completely useless where do you rate us? Outplayed for long periods. And 'they never did anything'? Well they missed several good chances. Their finishing was useless I agree. All the good saves their keeper made???? Really. You sure you watched the same game?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 30, 2004
The whole point of a discussion board is to discuss the match....not move on.......and second half we were a load of rubbish,and with the amount of pressure that the Wombles applied they will feel hard done by....Argyle played their get out of jail free card today and it worked...lucky old Argyle....

Feb 9, 2021
greenpilled":26gmr5ne said:

Totally agree your a proper Argyle fan of reason and your proper understanding of games like today
Great post

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Daz":2gro3usa said:
Balham_Green":2gro3usa said:
Daz":2gro3usa said:
demportdave":2gro3usa said:

Jephcott and Moore an absolute waste of time, unless Lowe sent them on to give the ball back to Wimbledon.

If Dd and yourself want to dwell on not attacking like Man City for 90 mins thatā€™s up to you.

This is opinion board and we can all pretty much say what we like within the bounds of reason and the law and we don't all have to agree because each of us see things differently.

But why do you feel the need to make such a stupid comment? How does criticising a woeful second half against a team who could well be relegated equate to wanting Argyle to play like the best team in Europe.

Many fans were angry and frustrated by that turgid second half performance with the lack of energy and intensity, not to mention skill and craft, but I don't think any of us were quite as annoyed as Lowe. The longer the second half went on, the more I thought he would blow a gasket.

Dec 30, 2020
Balham_Green":g1jul15k said:
greenpilled":g1jul15k said:

Well if Wimbledon were completely useless where do you rate us? Outplayed for long periods. And 'they never did anything'? Well they missed several good chances. Their finishing was useless I agree. All the good saves their keeper made???? Really. You sure you watched the same game?

Look at my initial post again closely, and you'll see I already said how I rate us.... "pretty good' first half 'terrible' in the second.

They didn't outplay us at all. In the second half, we were playing badly of our own accord, just constantly gifting them possession, and thankfully they failed to make the most of it (helped by the fact that our defenders and keeper did ok - it was in midfield and up front that we were really bad).

It was a tedious game and we will have to do a lot better next season, but my point was that the result wasn't especially harsh on Wimbledon.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
demportdave":1rav5b71 said:
Daz":1rav5b71 said:
Balham_Green":1rav5b71 said:
Daz":1rav5b71 said:
demportdave":1rav5b71 said:

This is opinion board and we can all pretty much say what we like within the bounds of reason and the law and we don't all have to agree because each of us see things differently.

But why do you feel the need to make such a stupid comment? How does criticising a woeful second half against a team who could well be relegated equate to wanting Argyle to play like the best team in Europe.

Many fans were angry and frustrated by that turgid second half performance with the lack of energy and intensity, not to mention skill and craft, but I don't think any of us were quite as annoyed as Lowe. The longer the second half went on, the more I thought he would blow a gasket.

Yes, itā€™s an opinion board.

My opinion is that I would focus on the win. Yours is the opposite. Am I allowed to point out the positives to you in response to your boring moaning every Saturday night?

We won, they lost. Sorry about that.

Aug 27, 2019
Truly a 'jekyll & hyde' performance, but we won - EXCELLENT RESULT!
We have outplayed (for 45 mins anyway) teams well above us in the league, so we know we can do it....

Main positive for me today was that it was clear that RL cares passionately about the performance & that 2cd half one was not good enough for us & MORE IMPORTANTLY, HIM!!
Means that in the longer term at least think things will improve.

Short term, would like to see us win the next 7 & show that todays first half can be carried on over 90 mins...but I am encouraged again by RLs obvious passion.

Finally, please can we make overtures to sign Woodsy up now - he was a signing I wasn't sure about but he is only going to improve & feel we can build next seasons defence around him....

Thats all I want for Christmas Santa, please....

Sep 6, 2006
Daz":17sleoyg said:
demportdave":17sleoyg said:
Balham_Green":17sleoyg said:
demportdave":17sleoyg said:

Yes, itā€™s an opinion board.

My opinion is that I would focus on the win. Yours is the opposite. Am I allowed to point out the positives to you in response to your boring moaning every Saturday night?

We won, they lost. Sorry about that.

There you have it then. Sort of conversation you have as a 10 year old. We are all so much the wiser for that