Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool - the build up + Q&A | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool - the build up + Q&A

Aug 5, 2016
HC Green":2ky9qyks said:
Knibbsworth":2ky9qyks said:
If Blackpool win League One, the FA Cup, and the Carabao Cup, is there any chance they can qualify for next season's Champions League?

No, but they would qualify for the Europa League and when they win that they would qualify for the Champions League the season afterwards.

Got to be worth £100 punt.

Jun 27, 2019
Graham Clark":34uh6bo3 said:
Apparently, their (relatively) big money signing C J Hamilton turned James Milner inside out according to reports. We will need Conor Grant to double up with George Cooper on him.

Hamilton scored two goals in League Two last season and bagged three assists. He may have given an unfit Milner a torrid time in a friendly but I don't think we should be treating him like Messi.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
C J Hamilton played in the Mansfield side that we beat 3-1 at Home Park in January. The result flattered us. We could easily been 4 or 5 down at half time but for poor finishing by the visitors. It could well have been CJ Hamilton who caused havoc in our defence.

Jun 27, 2019
Green as Grass":3fop68z9 said:
C J Hamilton played in the Mansfield side that we beat 3-1 at Home Park in January. The result flattered us. We could easily been 4 or 5 down at half time but for poor finishing by the visitors. It could well have been CJ Hamilton who caused havoc in our defence.

I was there and remember it well. Despite them carving us open for much of the first-half they failed to finish their chances. As I said, two goals all season for Hamilton doesn't exactly suggest he's much to worry about. Ryan Taylor scored more!

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
I think they'll be a stern test for us. Never seem to get much from them at Home Park.

Mar 21, 2008
I feel like missing Hardie could be quite a big loss for us from this game in terms of just outright clinical goal scoring ability, even making his own chances from nothing sometimes, I hope we don’t just end up creating chances and not finishing then getting suckered at the other end

Surprised at how confident they are be interesting to see if it’s founded or not as the season pans out

Aug 17, 2005
WoodsyGreen":2v20xqgi said:
Green as Grass":2v20xqgi said:

I was there and remember it well. Despite them carving us open for much of the first-half they failed to finish their chances. As I said, two goals all season for Hamilton doesn't exactly suggest he's much to worry about. Ryan Taylor scored more!

From memory one of there players went off just after half time injured. He was on there right wing and was pulling us apart with his speed and space just wondering if Hamilton was that player

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
signalspast":51cec9gi said:
WoodsyGreen":51cec9gi said:
Green as Grass":51cec9gi said:

From memory one of there players went off just after half time injured. He was on there right wing and was pulling us apart with his speed and space just wondering if Hamilton was that player
C J Hamilton played the whole match but did get booked. I think the player you are thinking of was Hayden White. This information comes courtesy of Greens on Screen.

Sep 9, 2020
Hampshire
Yes, Hamilton did play the full 90 mins for Mansfield against you guys, in your 3-1 home win and according to the match report he had three chances to score. Hope he’s got his shooting boots on this weekend. Your new signing Nouble sounds like he could be useful.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Stating the obvious here, but friendlies mean nothing.

Arguably moreso against Premier League sides who won't be trying 100%, and who may play totally differently to League 1 sides.

Just realised they lost 7-2 in that Anfield game anyway :lol:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Regardless of the bravado, Blackpool are a well established League 1 and seem to have invested quite significantly in their squad for this season. Whether it is well founded or not remains to be seen, but there is a clear sense of expectation that they will be pushing for promotion this season. So this game promises to be a really stern test for Argyle. It should be a cracking game as both teams are set up to attack. And although it will only be one (and the first) game it should give us quite a good measure of how we might do in the season ahead. It's exciting.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
One hour before kick off,
Pete

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Expecting a few goals, given our approach and the Seasiders recruitment.

Have invested in a potentially potent attacking types, not sure their defence has had quite the same attention. Hopefully Ryan H can help us with some inside info on any vulnerability in their back line.