Plymouth Argyle Weekly News #3 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Weekly News #3

Aug 4, 2011
rsp4":1aco2ggb said:
phil-thefluter24":1aco2ggb said:
Agree entirely with JannerinCardiff looking at the map the same thing struck me as to how isolated we are compared to the rest of the teams in our league also what a difference it made with Morcambe winning the play offs Newport would have been almost like a local Derby for us coupled with Bristol Rovers relegation & Exeter failing again! we are even more cut off.
Face facts our geographical position has always been an issue & always will be

Hasn't always been an issue though has it. Sturrock and Holloway both managed to get very good players here.

I will admit the manager of the Greens probably doesn't get the pick of players that his opposite numbers get around London, Manchester and the Midlands but with good scouting we have had decent squads in the past.

Location is an excuse in my opinion.
Under Holloway most certainly, a lot of away games were taken by plane. Plymouth still had an operational airport and we also had the funds to fly from Exeter where more convenient. More often than not players were back in Plymouth by 9pm on away match days

Aug 17, 2005
football-bet-data":2idd0mbw said:
rsp4":2idd0mbw said:
phil-thefluter24":2idd0mbw said:
Agree entirely with JannerinCardiff looking at the map the same thing struck me as to how isolated we are compared to the rest of the teams in our league also what a difference it made with Morcambe winning the play offs Newport would have been almost like a local Derby for us coupled with Bristol Rovers relegation & Exeter failing again! we are even more cut off.
Face facts our geographical position has always been an issue & always will be

Hasn't always been an issue though has it. Sturrock and Holloway both managed to get very good players here.

I will admit the manager of the Greens probably doesn't get the pick of players that his opposite numbers get around London, Manchester and the Midlands but with good scouting we have had decent squads in the past.

Location is an excuse in my opinion.
Under Holloway most certainly, a lot of away games were taken by plane. Plymouth still had an operational airport and we also had the funds to fly from Exeter where more convenient. More often than not players were back in Plymouth by 9pm on away match days

Can't say we had the funds when so shortly after his reign we went bust

May 8, 2011
Mark Pedlar":3l7sx1ox said:
RKB":3l7sx1ox said:
Whatever your opinion about Derek Adams, to get Morecambe promoted into League 1 is a tremendous achievement.
Be interesting to see whether any other ex Argyle end up there. Threlkeld must be a candidate, and Jervis.

Don't think Oscar will work with Adams again.

Would be interested why you think that?

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
HC Green":b1he3vry said:
Mark Pedlar":b1he3vry said:
RKB":b1he3vry said:
Whatever your opinion about Derek Adams, to get Morecambe promoted into League 1 is a tremendous achievement.
Be interesting to see whether any other ex Argyle end up there. Threlkeld must be a candidate, and Jervis.

Interesting timing HC , gives the impression that someone is feeding you information about Bradford's transfer dealings .
By the way ,did you manage to find out if players could attend pre season training for a new club before July 1st ?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
HC Green":3fknku6v said:
Mark Pedlar":3fknku6v said:
RKB":3fknku6v said:

I have contacts too.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Yup. It sure did, but my contact was adamant that Oscar wouldn't work for Adams again after events at Argyle. Guess money IS everything or some bridges have been rebuilt - the information was quite long in the tooth.