Positive thoughts | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Positive thoughts

Sep 6, 2006
I can assure you ,you are in the premier league for being negative/argumentative. In the home game Millwall toyed with us in the first half then decided to stop messing around, upped a gear and beat us 2-0 . One of the most professional displays I have witnessed this season.
Toyed with us by sitting back and riding their luck as we missed chances! Hardly an easy win. One of the worst sides to visit HP. Seem to have improved.

Reactions: SurreyJanner
Oct 23, 2013
Watched the home game on tv. I thought Millwall did a professional job on us and showed our naivety a bit. Having said that we could easily have got a result and the challenge that led to their last goal was simply an assault. Sat's game is def winnable. Do I feel confident? No we are clearly not in a run of good form. Anyway how I "feel" will have no bearing on the result. Which is just as well given my tendency towards pessimism.

Thinking about the positives. Musing over results (ours and others) will prove nothing before the game. However what the season has shown is that despite our deficiencies we are capable of getting a result against anyone and a draw would very likely do us.

Also on a positive note if we do limp over the line we have finished the season without a manager, overcome a period of massive instability and gone through the season with evident gaps in the squad (ie up front). Therefore although I am not very optimistic that next season will be anything other than a struggle we may be in a far far better placed after the summer.

I expect people will be raving about any signings that we do make, I will reserve judgement until they have played a few games. Likewise I will try not to write off younger players who are still developing.

Final positive, I am finding the nature of discussion on Pasoti so much better since the Foster episode. It was often a tough read a few weeks ago.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Do I feel confident? No we are clearly not in a run of good form.

Are we not, though? 7 points from four games post-Foster is pretty good. If we'd lost to Leicester and beaten Stoke, we'd all be feeling pretty confident I think.

Reasons to be positive... we're in OK form and we have two hits to get points from sides who are not world beaters with (probably) nothing to play for, plus I'm putting a bet on us to go down at 8/1 and I never win bets :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Harry

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
I can assure you ,you are in the premier league for being negative/argumentative. In the home game Millwall toyed with us in the first half then decided to stop messing around, upped a gear and beat us 2-0 . One of the most professional displays I have witnessed this season.
Millwall were absolutely awful at Home Park, Argyle were even worse in front of goal that night though.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: oldage
Feb 8, 2005
Are we not, though? 7 points from four games post-Foster is pretty good. If we'd lost to Leicester and beaten Stoke, we'd all be feeling pretty confident I think.

Reasons to be positive... we're in OK form and we have two hits to get points from sides who are not world beaters with (probably) nothing to play for, plus I'm putting a bet on us to go down at 8/1 and I never win bets :ROFLMAO:
Who is going to score the goals?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We need to win both of our remaining games.

4 pts (52 points) should easily be enough. In fact I'd suggest that 1 pt would probably see us safe on GD.

Jun 27, 2019
Who is going to score the goals?
And who's going to create them? If ND and KN are going to stick with their template formation through to the end of the season, that means the responsibility for progressing the ball up the pitch will lie almost solely with Bali Mumba. That's why Sorinola has to play a role. The guy offers so much more in an attacking sense than Joe Edwards. In fact, he has as many goal contributions in 519 Championship minutes as Edwards has managed in 1,988.

Devine should also probably feature. We all know he's no Finn Azaz but a midfield of Randell and Houghton offers almost zero attacking threat. Stick Devine in alongside them and play Morgan in a more central role just behind Hardie.

It won't happen, though.

May 9, 2023
Bere Alston
On a positive note we are going to Millwall on Saturday by train.
Where is everyone going for a few drinks before the game?
I see most away fans stop off at London Bridge on route any ideas?

Jul 12, 2016
Millwall were absolutely awful at Home Park, Argyle were even worse in front of goal that night though.
Ridiculous comment. They used all their championship experience to absorb all the first half pressure then second half applied the sucker punch. It was like watching an amateur boxer against a professional. Not pretty to watch admittedly but very effective.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
More nonsense. Where do people get these daft ideas from? I can see it now. I'm a professional footballer who will try and get relegated to ensure my contract next season!!!
Absolutely no need for your first 2 sentences. Please discuss and debate things in a reasonable way.