Quick Update | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Quick Update

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Tugboat":1719ge06 said:
The club loaning the player has to pay the players wage to the parent club, as per the rule book.

What happens there after is down to the club, but i'm guessing the money goes into there accounts and unable to come out again, a little like when your over your over draft of your over draft such as Argyle are.

Yup, I recall seeing an interview with Steve Maclean where he revealed he was in a similar situation.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
skynet":yy5l19vc said:
Well well well.... quick update.... Huddersfield are paying all of Damien Johnson's wages, but via Argyle. Huddersfield pay Argyle, they pay Damien. And guess what.... he has not been paid for 3 months. I promised not to say he is on £[deleted] a week. Joe doesn't want to leave Plymouth, Swindon offered £300,000. The club accepted the offer but the boy said no. And BWP went for £175,000. The Japanese money is not nailed on by any means, but a deal is in place to make sure we get through next week. And the 3 loan signings lined up are better than BWP/Noone/Johnson if we get them.

Any clues? Heard about CC and the city winger, yesterday there was talk of a young man utd striker and established Center back?

N

northcountryboy

argyle_till_i_die":2hfvwbu3 said:
greenmarc":2hfvwbu3 said:
argyle_till_i_die":2hfvwbu3 said:
thanks Skynet....

when i read that about BWP's fee my heart just sank. What the f--k, why us.

Lambert went to Soton for 1m...ffs, BWP must be worth at least 25% of that....

FFS BWP would be worth NOTHING tomorrow and we would still have to pay his approx 7k aweek wages until the end of june if he stayed till then ...By selling bwp/noone/johnson etc the club is just buying time thats all and without this there will be no club ............... thats why he went so cheap 1... to get a little money for him rather then nothing and 2 .. to save us 30k a month on wages

oh really, i never realised that...!!

i think you got the wrong end of the stick re: my original post.

I'm with Argyle_TILL_I_Die in understanding your thread???

Complaining about his fee means that you clearly don't understand the situation :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Feb 29, 2008
northcountryboy":pwblz22t said:
argyle_till_i_die":pwblz22t said:
greenmarc":pwblz22t said:
argyle_till_i_die":pwblz22t said:
thanks Skynet....

FFS BWP would be worth NOTHING tomorrow and we would still have to pay his approx 7k aweek wages until the end of june if he stayed till then ...By selling bwp/noone/johnson etc the club is just buying time thats all and without this there will be no club ............... thats why he went so cheap 1... to get a little money for him rather then nothing and 2 .. to save us 30k a month on wages

Complaining about his fee means that you clearly don't understand the situation :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

No it doesn't at all, it means you understand the situation as well as anyone else you just realise that we (as in Argyle) can never buy a proven striker for anything like that money. The fee is a joke. Yes we may not be in a position to turn down the derisory fee, but it is derisory and several people-me included- get angry when the club we love gets turned over in this way. The condescending-you don't understand- also makes me angry.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
argyleiggy":1qykzk3o said:
northcountryboy":1qykzk3o said:
argyle_till_i_die":1qykzk3o said:
greenmarc":1qykzk3o said:
argyle_till_i_die":1qykzk3o said:
thanks Skynet....

No it doesn't at all, it means you understand the situation as well as anyone else you just realise that we (as in Argyle) can never buy a proven striker for anything like that money. The fee is a joke. Yes we may not be in a position to turn down the derisory fee, but it is derisory and several people-me included- get angry when the club we love gets turned over in this way. The condescending-you don't understand- also makes me angry.

The BWP money paid the staff for January, if he hadn't gone then they wouldn't have got paid again. If this had happened again they may have decided to pack it in, leaving us with no club anyway.

Therefore to my mind we had to accept the offer, we are in no position to turn down offers in the hope of something better coming along. Only clubs in a position of strength can do that, we are the least financially solvent club in the entire football league, therefore we take what we are offered.