R.I.P Gladys Grant | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

R.I.P Gladys Grant

Oct 31, 2015
Sorry for your loss. A difficult time for you all and our thoughts are with you.
RIP pilgrim

Aug 9, 2014
Hi David
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm Mark who sits behind your mum and helps get her up to her seat from her wheel chair. Although I've only known your mum for 8 or 9 seasons since I came back but I've grown to love her. I'll be honest, she scared me at first when I often had to watch her 'ease people on their way down the steps' before the final whistle and come to her defence on a few occasions.... Her idea of an escalator to throw anyone leaving early out the back of the stand is something I would love to see :)
She was an amazing lady and I admired her strength and determination and was gutted to hear of her illness. We've been texting until recently and I had feared the worst.
I send you and your family all my love and I hope to be able to make the funeral if that's OK.
RIP Gladys xx Tell em all to 'Sit down' up there xx

Jan 20, 2004
David, our Mothers were cousins.

Didn’t realise Gladys lived in Oreston. Its not until threads like this appear, you realise how many amazing people live in your local area.

Thoughts with you and the family.

Apr 29, 2015
So sorry to hear this sad news David, she was a trooper right to the last game. I've known Gladys for many years right back to the days at the Morley Centre.
Also will never forget our away trip to Portsmouth, what an adventure that was, and don't know how we didn't get thrown out! She was very accurate with her stick!
A very interesting lady with a vast knowledge of life and sport in general, will be sadly missed. Hope to be at the funeral.
Take care, Vicky

Mar 20, 2018
I was so sorry to hear this sad news. It was only a couple of weeks ago I was chatting to Gladys about her treatment and she seemed so upbeat and positive. Gladys was a real trouper, a wonderful fan and a truly kind lady. She made me feel very welcome. (She even took me to her arts and crafts group where we made Xmas cards together) I will miss her.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Please accept my sincere condolences David. I looked forward to her cheerful "hello" at Senior Greens. In addition to being a member, on occasions I was guest speaker there too. She was always very supportive and knowledgeable and I shall miss seeing her there. RIP Gladys

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
David Grant":5ku1vcq9 said:
Gladys Grant, my mother, has passed away at 76 after a short illness.

She was a lifelong Green from a Green family – through the 50’s and 60’s she was fanatical. Her first ever job was selling Argyle lottery tickets. She was also heavily involved in local Speedway and Cricket, travelling all over the UK to see her favourites and teams.

In 1978 she took me to my 1st Argyle game – Carlisle away (a 1-1 draw Fred Binney penalty) and later the FA cup Semi at Villa Park. Whilst looking through her things we found the hand-knitted scarves she made for the occasion - magnificently terrible..

A long-term season ticket holder – she was there for our latest relegation and took it with long suffering reasonableness that only Argyle fans who have seen it all before can.

If you didn’t know her by name you may know her by description. She was the lady in the Wheelchair who always asked questions at at Senior Greens. She sat 4-5 row back near the centre of the Lyndhurst – crawling out of the chair to scramble up to her seat. She may have boinked you with her stick, if you blocked her view. One of the last to leave the ground each week.

She loved Johnny Williams, Luke McCormiack and Freddie Ladapo. She also attended a number of Argyle Ladies fixtures at Elburton.

She loved the club and the community it provided. She was involved in investing in the New Green Taverners Suite and to the end was wondering who would be our next manager.

She will be missed.

Her funeral will be at Weston Mill on the 6th June at 10:45
You have a PM David.