Rate the Ref v Bristol Rovers - John Brooks | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Bristol Rovers - John Brooks

Rate the Ref v Bristol Rovers

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 7 7.0%

Votes: 5 5.0%

Votes: 24 24.0%

Votes: 21 21.0%

Votes: 24 24.0%

Votes: 5 5.0%

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Should have booked their number 9 for diving and or/inciting home fans after their 2nd/ gobbing off when our penalty was given. Looked like Bristol player offside when their free kick was given (though I'd need to see that again).

Our first penalty soft. Can remember a corner given to Argyle when Taylor had clearly sliced a shot wide from a low cross.

Allowed timewasting and stopped play for an injury that was not to the head.

One of those referees who was so poor that both teams can have legitimate grievances about his performance. See Brizzle's forums for their views on him!

Dec 3, 2005
How was he aweful?

How can anyone say he was worth 1,2 or 3

He got most things right, gifted Argyle the first penalty and then gave us a deserved second.

May 11, 2014
Oh to be a referee.I thought overall he let the game flow nothing worse than a start stop referee.The one big decision that I thought he got wrong was at 1 nil down and the challenge by Songo.He was very lucky to get away with it and in my opinion a certain red,replays could prove me wrong.Im sure the rovers management were not to pleased but lets not have VAR at this level we would have nothing to moan about and I would miss my train home.

Jan 17, 2016
I thought he was poor, some very dubious decisions that occasionally went in our favour. The first penalty was generous, the second warranted a straight red. He seemed inconsistent throughout.

Sep 2, 2008
A 7 from me. Thought he got some decisions right and some wrong but overall tried to keep the game flowing which added to the atmosphere and enjoyment. I like that he didn’t reach too quickly to show a card remembering that it is a contact sport and that players try to con the refs nowadays. Overall a decent showing from Mr Brooks considering the importance of the game and the partisan crowd...both us and them.