Rate the Ref v Cambridge - Will Finnie | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Cambridge - Will Finnie

Rate the Ref v Cambridge

Votes: 2 3.5%

Votes: 3 5.3%

Votes: 6 10.5%

Votes: 14 24.6%

Votes: 16 28.1%

Votes: 7 12.3%

Votes: 6 10.5%

Votes: 2 3.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Shankster":39rsjkwr said:
Two penalties, one each

Bakinson was never a penalty, happened right in front of me, he tried one yard too many and fell over.

Canavan's foul on the other hand looked like it would have been given on another day, probably a pen.

Oct 31, 2015
For me he missed the 2 X stoneeall pens and cans should have walked.

I don't get the home fans angst at gamesmanship. We do it all the time, maybe not to the same standard as today and yes the ref should have got on their keeper back earlier but we do it as well.

Anyone remember Palmer throwing the ball back into the Demport?

Still only a 4 from me as he didn't seem to have much control and got 2 maybe 3 big decisions wrong

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Can anyone explain this one to me:

For the Byron Moore chance which the keeper saved from point-blank range... the cross came in from the right hand side, we had a good angle of this and Moore was at least 3 yards onside when the ball was played. The keeper saves it, then just after this the referee blows and indicates offside?! The lino then copies him?!

How can a referee give offside from the position he was in, especially when it was quite clearly the wrong decision?! And if Moore had scored (as he really should have done from there), would the linesman have overruled it?

Sep 25, 2010
Dan Ellard":3vwbzht8 said:

For the Byron Moore chance which the keeper saved from point-blank range... the cross came in from the right hand side, we had a good angle of this and Moore was at least 3 yards onside when the ball was played. The keeper saves it, then just after this the referee blows and indicates offside?! The lino then copies him?!

How can a referee give offside from the position he was in, especially when it was quite clearly the wrong decision?! And if Moore had scored (as he really should have done from there), would the linesman have overruled it?

Easily, but it would take too long to explain it to you.

It is all about, holding the flag, until the offside player becomes active, also the referee did not give the offside, the Lino did.

Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":o2gwdta2 said:
I donā€™t recall this incident. 1st or 2nd half?
Only one shot on target and this was Telford 5 minutes from time.

First half mate. It was a good chance but the flag went anyway. TBH I thought the lino gave it.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Martyn":3sxpq3un said:
Dan Ellard":3sxpq3un said:

It is all about, holding the flag, until the offside player becomes active, also the referee did not give the offside, the Lino did.
Good morning old friend.

Well for starters, I don't see how when the ref called the offside first that the lino has given the offside. Unless the lino immediately communicated to the ref that it was offside before raising his flag, which I highly doubt given that it happened too quickly for that to be communicated. Also, it wasn't offside, so 'active or inactive' doesn't come into it.

So try me.

Penlee

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Martyn":1yqav0r3 said:
Dan Ellard":1yqav0r3 said:

My daughter is a ref. She spotted at the time that the ref had given it not the lino (the lino put his flag up after to support the ref's decision). Very weird. Also he was not offside.

The Canavan penalty must have been the easiest pen to give (and a red). Very strange refereeing when he was right next to the incident.

Haven't seen the Bakinson one again but it did look it at the time.

That's three matches in a row a clear penalty shout has gone in our favour. I'm not complaining but it is all very weird.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
rsp4":2um7obns said:
davie nine":2um7obns said:
I donā€™t recall this incident. 1st or 2nd half?
Only one shot on target and this was Telford 5 minutes from time.

First half mate. It was a good chance but the flag went anyway. TBH I thought the lino gave it.
Ah!! I thought, from MUE, that Moore was offside but he certainly wasnā€™t ā€˜3 yards onsideā€™. I probably didnā€™t remember it because I didnā€™t consider the decision controversial.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
The ref definitely whistled before the linesman raised his flag. Maybe Edwards was ruled as interfering with play because he was offside but Moore wasn't.
It isn't counted as a shot on target because the offside decision negates any action that happens after.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
I gave the ref a two,one for turning up,and one for not giving Cambridge a penalty, another big slice of luck for Argyle,but still the wrong decision. Unsure about the Bakinson one,looked a bit like K.Mellor! On two,maybe three occasions their keeper had the ball in his possession for about 13 or 14 seconds, thought the allowed time was 6 seconds,also free kicks paced out 8 or 9 paces, never 30 yards between ball and defensive wall. Poor.

Apr 9, 2011
Bakinson incident was right in front of us defo NOT a penalty in fact he should have been booked for a dive. Generous 5 from me.How Canavan got away with his will never know