Rate the Ref v Oldham - Will Finnie | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Oldham - Will Finnie

Rate the Ref v Oldham

Votes: 3 5.1%

Votes: 8 13.6%

Votes: 4 6.8%

Votes: 10 16.9%

Votes: 14 23.7%

Votes: 5 8.5%

Votes: 9 15.3%

Votes: 4 6.8%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
For me yesterday, the referees main weakness was inconsistency in blowing for perceived infringements, but he was certainly not helped by the lino on the Lyndhurst side of the pitch.

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
Quintrell_Green":d24v5uhg said:
For me yesterday, the referees main weakness was inconsistency in blowing for perceived infringements, but he was certainly not helped by the lino on the Lyndhurst side of the pitch.

Don't think the lyndy lino did much wrong yesterday tbh. He wasn't given that much abuse :shh:

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":knky5m41 said:
For me, one of the most frustrating things in professional football is that ALL referees, including Mr Finnie, are prepared to allow goalkeepers to waste time at goal kicks from, virtually, the first minute of a game.
I am still waiting for a referee to first, warn a keeper early in the game and then, book him the next time that this happens.
I am convinced that it would improve the flow of a game.
I should add that, obviously, if our keeper was time wasting, normally in an away match, I would expect him to be treated in the same way.
It seems to happen at every home game where the keeper goes through various ā€˜ritualsā€™ before taking a goal kick and the crowd get more and more frustrated because the referees takes no action.

Why does everyone have a thing about goal kicks? From what you are saying here, these "rituals" appear to be the norm. There is nothing that says that a goal kick has to be taken withing a certain amount of time. Of course when it gets exagerated at the end of the game when in a winning situation, the referee needs to have words or take other action but if a goalkeeper is using the same goal kick routine in the 5th minute as he does in the 85th minute then he isn't really taking the p***.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lundan Cabbie":azxrilox said:
davie nine":azxrilox said:
For me, one of the most frustrating things in professional football is that ALL referees, including Mr Finnie, are prepared to allow goalkeepers to waste time at goal kicks from, virtually, the first minute of a game.
I am still waiting for a referee to first, warn a keeper early in the game and then, book him the next time that this happens.
I am convinced that it would improve the flow of a game.
I should add that, obviously, if our keeper was time wasting, normally in an away match, I would expect him to be treated in the same way.
It seems to happen at every home game where the keeper goes through various ā€˜ritualsā€™ before taking a goal kick and the crowd get more and more frustrated because the referees takes no action.

Why does everyone have a thing about goal kicks? From what you are saying here, these "rituals" appear to be the norm. There is nothing that says that a goal kick has to be taken withing a certain amount of time. Of course when it gets exagerated at the end of the game when in a winning situation, the referee needs to have words or take other action but if a goalkeeper is using the same goal kick routine in the 5th minute as he does in the 85th minute then he isn't really taking the p***.
My only response to that is that numerous fans around the ground are clearly frustrated by this and are often calling for the referee to take action early in the game.
Put it this way, I am convinced that if a ref decided to take action by booking a keeper early in the game there would be a simultaneous round of applause around the ground.