Rate the Ref v Portsmouth - Ben Toner | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Portsmouth - Ben Toner

Rate the Ref v Portsmouth

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 3 3.2%

Votes: 11 11.6%

Votes: 10 10.5%

Votes: 22 23.2%

Votes: 15 15.8%

Votes: 23 24.2%

Votes: 5 5.3%

Votes: 3 3.2%

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I thought he was poor, inconsistent and bottled the big calls, for both sides.

Nov 9, 2008
Martyn":3q8cefm2 said:
Thought also he had a very good game, best we have seen this season,

Missed nothing, ok he might have shown a second yellow, to Evans, but he was very good, shows that he is on the Select 2 level.

He missed blatant fouls on Lameiras and Songo'o as well as a blatant handball. He consistently gave free kicks for players dropping to the floor with minimal contact. He didn't give a second yellow which was totally justified, booking Adams instead and then making up for it by giving us a free kick, from which we scored, for a perfect tackle.

Dreadful. And I very rarely criticise referees.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
7 - he did OK just some minor stupid things.

No booking for that outrageous boot of the ball - immediately followed by DA booking and the free kick to us that never was, it wasn't even close to being a free kick

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Relative to the last 2 clowns, I thought he was doing a good job (he can't be blamed for the clueless asistant in front of us) until the 3 minutes midway through the 2nd half when he totally lost the plot. First he failed to play a clear advantage to us, next he failed to book / send off Evans for booting the ball away, instead he booked Adams for pointing out his 2 errors and then a minute later he gave us an undeserved freekick (possibly to even out his 2 previous mistakes) from which Carey scored. Overall better than we have seen for a while.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Pogleswoody":1v38s3ef said:
Martyn":1v38s3ef said:
Thought also he had a very good game, best we have seen this season,

Missed nothing, ok he might have shown a second yellow, to Evans, but he was very good, shows that he is on the Select 2 level.

I went to Home Park to watch the game this PM, where did you go? Was it a good game? :think:

:lol:

He played advantage well but I thought he made some very strange decisions, which generally didn’t favour either side. Having said that the free kick he gave that led to our goal was laughable. 5/10

Apr 9, 2011
4 from me. Obviously bottled booking Evans for booting the ball half the length of the pitch when he realised he was already on a yellow, then took it out on DA. Spent far too much time getting involved in dialogue with both sets of players.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
No mentions of the songo'o tackle endnof the first half thatnhe bizarrely have a free kick for?

Feb 23, 2008
Plymouth
5 from me. Missed a lot of them taking throws and free kicks in wrong place yet when we did it he would blow up

Evans should have got a second yellow for kicking the ball away

Also just looking at the highlights, there was a clear foul in the build up to their goal, if you watch two Pompey players climbing all over our player, by the letter of the law, free kick should have been given to us...

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
jay_smithy":3dc8k9fx said:
5 from me. Missed a lot of them taking throws and free kicks in wrong place yet when we did it he would blow up

Evans should have got a second yellow for kicking the ball away

Also just looking at the highlights, there was a clear foul in the build up to their goal, if you watch two Pompey players climbing all over our player, by the letter of the law, free kick should have been given to us...

:iagree:

Fell for the classic, "fall down when touched", yet allowed some extremely robust tackles on Lamieres and Carey to go unpunished. Ref also managed to give a Pompey free kick after one of theirs threw himself to the ground theatrically when the Argyle player was a foot or so away.

Absolute joke when he booked Derek Adams after he had pointed out the ref's shortcomings.