Rate the Ref v The Gas. Trevor Kettle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v The Gas. Trevor Kettle

Well?

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 5.8%

Votes: 8 9.3%

Votes: 14 16.3%

Votes: 22 25.6%

Votes: 20 23.3%

Votes: 13 15.1%

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Lundan Cabbie":p93de9xq said:
Doyley43":p93de9xq said:
I don't think he looked fit. I rated him down because he kept having a go at Coops for time wasting when every other keeper does the same and worse when they lead. We have had much worse though

I didn't realise he was still on the go. At 54 I think he did okay in keeping up with players who mostly were twice his age.

And those players are doing well for 108 years old too!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
up_the_line":2z7o5i5q said:
Lundan Cabbie":2z7o5i5q said:
Doyley43":2z7o5i5q said:
I don't think he looked fit. I rated him down because he kept having a go at Coops for time wasting when every other keeper does the same and worse when they lead. We have had much worse though

I didn't realise he was still on the go. At 54 I think he did okay in keeping up with players who mostly were twice his age.

And those players are doing well for 108 years old too!

Ooops! :funny: :facepalm:

Aug 5, 2016
rsp4":3s8gtkaq said:
Knibbsworth":3s8gtkaq said:
We would have been giving him 3s if we were Bristol Rovers fans. I amnot surprised Barton blew a gasket.

Really mate why?

They were calling for every tackle and challenge as a foul from the off. Not sure he was a home ref tbh

Opoku and Ennis both could have gone, Cooper needed booking. Cooper could have given away a penalty.

Loads of incidents that another ref could have interpreted a lot differently.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
So when we kept losing it was all the the fault of the Referee and now we finally win a game, that's also the Referee's fault. :whistle:

I thought it was because of the change in shape of the team, the outstandingl performance from Enniss and good performances from a number of other players who adapted well to the new system.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":28amsqdj said:
rsp4":28amsqdj said:
Knibbsworth":28amsqdj said:
We would have been giving him 3s if we were Bristol Rovers fans. I amnot surprised Barton blew a gasket.

Really mate why?

They were calling for every tackle and challenge as a foul from the off. Not sure he was a home ref tbh

Opoku and Ennis both could have gone, Cooper needed booking. Cooper could have given away a penalty.

You watched a different game to me not for the first time. No idea what you are talking about.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
BG give it a rest FFS!

You drain the blood from these threads on occasions.

OK do you don’t agree with all that is said, why do you feel the need to say it on so many occasions to do many people man?

It’s not normal behaviour it really isn’t! Imagine being in a pub? You’d be black and blue before be closing time.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":s9dpzq6i said:
BG give it a rest FFS!

You drain the blood from these threads on occasions.

OK do you don’t agree with all that is said, why do you feel the need to say it on so many occasions to do many people man?

It’s not normal behaviour it really isn’t! Imagine being in a pub? You’d be black and blue before be closing time.

He's suggesting Ennis and Opaku should have had red cards and they could have had a pen! Can you see what he's talking about? :crazy:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nope, not at all, but I don’t fell the need to slag him off.

You don’t need to either really do you?

You just enjoy it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":27gxwx81 said:
rsp4":27gxwx81 said:
Knibbsworth":27gxwx81 said:

Really mate why?

You were watching a different game to me Knibbs. By the way, I gave the ref a 4 for very different reasons.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":1l4yi669 said:
Nope, not at all, but I don’t fell the need to slag him off.

You don’t need to either really do you?

You just enjoy it.

Eh?! Where have I slagged him off?? I said I had no idea what he was talking about

Aug 5, 2016
So no-one saw Opoku make a challenge, his studs taking out their player's standing foot? He was on a yellow card when that happened. Could have very easily been a red, arguably should have been.

Cooper coming out to punch that cross, missing it and catching their player. When the ref's whistle blew my heart was in my mouth. Kettle gave us a free kick.

If we are on the other side of those decisions away at Sunderland or Hull, I would bet substantial money hundreds would have been on here slating the ref. The ref had two separate chats with Cooper regarding his timewasting but didn't book him.

I am honest enough to say that despite Argyle having the rub of the green (for the first time in a while), if we had been on the other side of those decisions I might have felt a fair bit hard done by.

All I was saying is I can understand where Barton is coming from if he got a yellow card after the game. He would have had plenty to vent off about. His CFs were physical and looked a threat all game, but Opoku tussled them, dragged them, grappled them and got away with it most times. At the other end Jephcott won 3 quite innocuous free kicks from just being leant on and cleverly hitting the deck. Barton must have been raging.

I think we only notice inconsistent refereeing performances when we are on the wrong end of it perhaps.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Knibbsworth":25vcwh7k said:
So no-one saw Opoku make a challenge, his studs taking out their player's standing foot? He was on a yellow card when that happened. Could have very easily been a red, arguably should have been.

Cooper coming out to punch that cross, missing it and catching their player. When the ref's whistle blew my heart was in my mouth. Kettle gave us a free kick.

If we are on the other side of those decisions away at Sunderland or Hull, I would bet substantial money hundreds would have been on here slating the ref. The ref had two separate chats with Cooper regarding his timewasting but didn't book him.

I am honest enough to say that despite Argyle having the rub of the green (for the first time in a while), if we had been on the other side of those decisions I might have felt a fair bit hard done by.

All I was saying is I can understand where Barton is coming from if he got a yellow card after the game. He would have had plenty to vent off about. His CFs were physical and looked a threat all game, but Opoku tussled them, dragged them, grappled them and got away with it most times. At the other end Jephcott won 3 quite innocuous free kicks from just being leant on and cleverly hitting the deck. Barton must have been raging.

I think we only notice inconsistent refereeing performances when we are on the wrong end of it perhaps.
I don't think Opoku did that on purpose. He walks a fine line at times due to his inexperience but he did not deserve another yellow card.

The Cooper incident looked like it might have gone against us from the camera on halfway but when you saw it from behind, their player appeared to jump into Cooper, something which every Referee would penalise on the basis that you cannot even breathe on the Keeper.

Like most players these days, Jephcott does go down too easily too often but this afternoon, he actually stayed on his feet when there appeared to be slight contact in the box.

Unlike you, I can't see where Barton was coming from. He was nasty as a player and is happy to encourage his players to cheat and dive as a Manager. There was a lot of of appealing and theatrics from Rovers players trying to influence the Referee.

Sour grapes and frustration from a man in a relegation fight.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
demportdave":1ihp34rs said:
Knibbsworth":1ihp34rs said:

I don't think Opoku did that on purpose. He walks a fine line at times due to his inexperience but he did not deserve another yellow card.

The Cooper incident looked like it might have gone against us from the camera on halfway but when you saw it from behind, their player appeared to jump into Cooper, something which every Referee would penalise on the basis that you cannot even breathe on the Keeper.

Like most players these days, Jephcott does go down too easily too often but this afternoon, he actually stayed on his feet when there appeared to be slight contact in the box.

Unlike you, I can't see where Barton was coming from. He was nasty as a player and is happy to encourage his players to cheat and dive as a Manager. There was a lot of of appealing and theatrics from Rovers players trying to influence the Referee.

Sour grapes and frustration from a man in a relegation fight.

Agreed. If that wasn't Jephcott, but was say Jorge Grant who went past that player in the box I suspect the number of rolls we'd have seen would have taken him out of the Devonport End and halfway down Seagrave Road.
The commentary team had it right when they heard the Rovers player screaming in fake anguish during the second half....as soon as a player was on a booking they were milking any contact for all it was worth.
He was also correct on the Cooper call...I wasn't overly enamoured with the amount of punches from Cooper, but he was bundled into. Never a penalty.

Dec 29, 2016
I noticed that once Argyle Ennis and Opoku had committed their "fouls" and their players had finished rolling around as if they had been shot, and the same from then on they continued in that vein trying to get players booked or sent off, I didn't see their trainer enter the field of play once to administer life saving surgery.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Lundan Cabbie":1hiatqjw said:
Doyley43":1hiatqjw said:

Fair point made he did keep up