RB Major Issue | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RB Major Issue

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The 3 CB’s I would have would be Eddy (RCB), Peter Grant (CCB) and Sawyer (LCB)

A

andyr1963

jimsing":2ajp7ikf said:
Cobi Budge":2ajp7ikf said:
They've got potential but I don't think either Tafari Moore or Smith-Brown are at the stages of their careers where they're defensively astute enough to play as out and out full backs in a League as physical as this one, remember they've spent most of their time in the game so far at City & Arsenal, both clubs with an attacking philosophy based massively on neat passing football, I'm not saying they won't get the hang of it but they've got a lot to learn about the other side to the game. This is why I'm drawn more and more to the idea of a 3 man defence & wing backs, at this stage that's how to best utilise the pair of them.

Where are you going to get your three centre backs from, Cobi?

Now that is a brutal but fair question.

"fudge nose yer honour" :greensmile:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Three at the back is an interesting proposition. I'm not sure it's the best idea to change formation in the middle of a bad run, but we did it last season and it worked. For the sake of argument, I think a 541, with a diamond in midfield and wing backs pushing on, would look tasty.

Macey in goal
Three of Eddy, Canavan, Grant and Sawyer (not impressed with Wootton)
Moore and Smith-Brown, who seem more natural wing backs than full backs
Songo'o sitting
Sarce and Ness in the middle
Carey in front of them, central
Taylor or Ladapo up top

Now let me just check that injury list...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
jimsing":31xzwyb7 said:
Cobi Budge":31xzwyb7 said:
They've got potential but I don't think either Tafari Moore or Smith-Brown are at the stages of their careers where they're defensively astute enough to play as out and out full backs in a League as physical as this one, remember they've spent most of their time in the game so far at City & Arsenal, both clubs with an attacking philosophy based massively on neat passing football, I'm not saying they won't get the hang of it but they've got a lot to learn about the other side to the game. This is why I'm drawn more and more to the idea of a 3 man defence & wing backs, at this stage that's how to best utilise the pair of them.

Where are you going to get your three centre backs from, Cobi?

I'd say:

Wylde/ASB, Sawyer, Grant, Edwards, Moore

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
On my viewing so far, Tafari Moore is much better than Joe Riley. He offers more going forward and doesn’t get beaten as much 1v1 cos he’s quick. His positioning needs work, but worth remembering he is only 21 and will improve.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Nobby":3qolhlsh said:
On my viewing so far, Tafari Moore is much better than Joe Riley. He offers more going forward and doesn’t get beaten as much 1v1 cos he’s quick. His positioning needs work, but worth remembering he is only 21 and will improve.

I don't think Moore is any better than Riley defensively, both get consistently beaten (Although I say again, Riley has had very little protection from O'Keefe).

Agree about going forward though & that's why he should get the nod.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
themightykeithfear":3d7w9hkb said:
Lobster":3d7w9hkb said:
Three at the back is an interesting proposition. I'm not sure it's the best idea to change formation in the middle of a bad run, but we did it last season and it worked. For the sake of argument, I think a 541, with a diamond in midfield and wing backs pushing on, would look tasty.

Macey in goal
Three of Eddy, Canavan, Grant and Sawyer (not impressed with Wootton)
Moore and Smith-Brown, who seem more natural wing backs than full backs
Songo'o sitting
Sarce and Ness in the middle
Carey in front of them, central
Taylor or Ladapo up top

Now let me just check that injury list...

Possible but P Grant aint the answer to any question, reminded me of that Scottish guy we got last year just not near league 1 level

If Taylors injured I'd be in 2 minds for joel grant instead of ladapo, yes hes got to do more but he can beat a man with pace and is a threat whereas ladapo was poor on Saturday, he cant jump and head the ball and didn't get involved , if we keep the ball on the ground JG has to be the option and Id only play Ladapo if he had someone up front with him

Sorry but I don't want to Grant leading the line ever again, we tried it last season, Joel worked his socks off but it was desperate & ineffective.

Continue with Ladapo or try Dyson, not perfect but at least they're strikers.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Joel Grant is not a lone striker !

He is a decent winger that can beat a man and has a good work ethic.
He is not a strong hold up player and his finishing is poor.

Ladapo has been doing ok and should not be dropped

Jan 27, 2012
Welwyn Pilgrim":sonsxt7z said:
Lacks confidence, doesn’t seem to know what to do when he gets the ball and just wants rid of it right away and lacks total composure.

This is a great description of me playing football on Thursday nights.

Jul 13, 2006
gaspargomez":1ch65ynb said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1ch65ynb said:
Lacks confidence, doesn’t seem to know what to do when he gets the ball and just wants rid of it right away and lacks total composure.

Sounds like you'd fit right in- 2 year contract ok?!

Oct 31, 2015
gaspargomez":2rfjb2ly said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2rfjb2ly said:

:) :) :)