Reasons to be cheerful | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reasons to be cheerful

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Nose to the future. A**e to the past. Let’s look forward a bit.,

At the start of the pandemic predictions were that volumes of clubs would go bust. So far, they haven’t. Whether or not some will, and there’s a delayed effect, who knows. But Argyle are in safe hands for now, with our immediate future secured. Phew.

Once we have a vaccine in volumes of arms the pent up demand to watch football will be strong. People will come back in numbers, personal economic circumstances permitting. And the investments the Hallett’s have made in the infrastructure will start to pay off. The grandstand will reap benefits. As will investments in the academy.

Imagine the first day with Home Park bursting. Or the first away day with your mates. It will be immense. Emotional moments to come.

Our fan base has proved remarkably committed. Season ticket refunds (or lack of) have shown that. Despite a bit of mid season results gloom, people in the main appear to be able to see beyond the immediate situation and are backing the club and its approach and ambition. We have a reasonable consensus that we are well run and the ship is heading in the right direction.

We also have a club with heart that does a lot for its community. It isn’t all about results but building a club that has strong, deep and broader roots in the region. We will become more important to more people.

So whilst recent results haven’t been what we’d have wished for, we have built solid foundations in a club I trust to make the right decisions.

Onwards and upwards? I believe so.

Happy New Year. Stay safe.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Forest of Dean Green":1axc5wpy said:
Our fan base has proved remarkably committed. Season ticket refunds (or lack of) have shown that.

This bit is really important. As an example, Sheffield Wednesday, who are struggling financially, have to find refunds for between 50% to 60% of season ticket holders. Well done the Green Army.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Keepitgreen":1sidf6dk said:
Forest of Dean Green":1sidf6dk said:
Our fan base has proved remarkably committed. Season ticket refunds (or lack of) have shown that.

This bit is really important. As an example, Sheffield Wednesday, who are struggling financially, have to find refunds for between 50% to 60% of season ticket holders. Well done the Green Army.

I agree and see that as evidence, in the main, that people are seeing the bigger picture and believe in the club and its owners. Not the same at SWeds

fawlty

♣️ PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
I agree with the original post. There is so much good currently happening in and around the club, including on the pitch, if only we choose to see it.
As an exile, who cannot get to any game to meet up with fellow greens, it’s a frustrating time but, using ifollow, am able to watch more live football than ever before. I miss the social side of being an Argyle fan - win or lose.
So can’t wait to be able to return to see and enjoy all things Argyle. My glass is more than half full for the future.

COYGs.

Fawlty

Sep 6, 2006
fawlty":24dkb7f0 said:
I agree with the original post. There is so much good currently happening in and around the club, including on the pitch, if only we choose to see it.
As an exile, who cannot get to any game to meet up with fellow greens, it’s a frustrating time but, using ifollow, am able to watch more live football than ever before. I miss the social side of being an Argyle fan - win or lose.
So can’t wait to be able to return to see and enjoy all things Argyle. My glass is more than half full for the future.

COYGs.

Fawlty

'On the pitch'? Are you sure?

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Balham_Green":yiyv3du4 said:
fawlty":yiyv3du4 said:

COYGs.

Fawlty

First thirty minutes on tuesday....

fawlty

♣️ PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
Balham_Green":35l725ar said:
fawlty":35l725ar said:

COYGs.

Fawlty

Yes, I am sure.
From what I can pick up this season on ifollow, I can see an attractive, attacking style of football that will win matches in this division. It’s enjoyable to watch when it works, i.e. when the players carry out the plan with a simple accurate passing game. Now it doesn’t always work because we are playing against good teams with good coaches/managers and it carries a high risk if we lose the ball and our defence becomes exposed.
I am prepared to wait for this group of players, or others that can be brought in, to get it right more consistently and to bring greater success and enjoyment.
I am more positive about our prospects than I have been for a while although I am not getting carried away. I have been following Argyle for about 56 years and there have been some ups and downs but I am still here as an Argyle fan.
COYGs.
Fawlty

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3dohug63 said:
fawlty":3dohug63 said:

COYGs.

Fawlty

What`s the difference between BG and haemorrhoids --there are creams for haemorrhoids. :twisted:

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth