Reid aiming for promotion | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid aiming for promotion

Jan 2, 2010
My yardstick is still having a team at the end of the season, one that is available to play league football in the next season. If they think promotion is possible, go for it. Belief is the first step towards achieving.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
argyleiggy":3e4a0w2h said:
Gary_Wills":3e4a0w2h said:
Cobi Budge":3e4a0w2h said:
I think Reid sounds confident and I hope the players are.
We are the big fish in this league no matter what anybody says, yes we might not have a superior sqaud but we are a big club.
Good times lay ahead.

If the definition of bigbest is with reference to the greatest number of disgruntled would-be customers, then I 'd agree.

Delusion and hot air masquerading as 'positivity' seem a plus in C21 football management, Reid's not breaking from that.

WTF do you want him to say?

'who can tell?' 'we've got more energy than last year' ' we've got a difficult start' 'Shrewsbury are a good side' 'we'll give it our best'

yes very deluded isn't he!!?? :whistle:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Just be nice for Reid to keep it real, that any draw or win tomorrow would be a shock, and promotion ain't a possibility with the present squad and situation at the club.

But no, he's targeted promotion - that's what he needs to be judged on then, so that's a failure if not achieved.

Even Reid with all the goodwill he's generated by the fantastic unrewarded effort he's put in at HP shouldn't be able to have it both ways I'm afraid. That's the high demand of the modern game/business innit. :cool:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
leep33":st3xfyjv said:
I think its good to see a bit of optimism, hopefully it will become reality come next May!!
In my eyes, in the managment league he's already promoted to the premier league as a gentleman in all respects. :scarf: :stout:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Ahhhh...........Frick IT !!!!

It's Friday night before the season kicks off , I've had a few, Bugger all the off field b0ll0x........

COME ON YOU GREEEEEEEEEENSS!!!..............THE GREEEEEEENS ARE GOING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 20, 2011
I for one really hope the belief he has is genuine. He seems it to me and if he can get the team believing and the green army can believe well? WHY THE HELL NOT GO FOR IT!!!!!!!??

Feb 29, 2008
If Reid didn't have belief then he should be sacked, we are in league 2 FFS! I know the negatives as much as anyone so please don't patronise me by pointing them out again. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be aiming for promotion, maybe we will miss that and finish 5th? Would that be a failure? Aiming for lower mid and missing that would be catastrophic so lets just try a bit of belief eh?