Retained list | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list

Jul 12, 2016
Mark Pedlar":2i8ax10h said:
oldage":2i8ax10h said:
Mark Pedlar":2i8ax10h said:
oldage":2i8ax10h said:
As the offers do not appear to have been accepted by the deadline are we to assume the players are going elsewhere?

We dont know whether any offers have been accepted or not, other than the 4 who have signed and the one who hasnt. The club probably know, we dont.
If that was the case why the secrecy?

As has been said on this thread and elsewhere - the club will slowly release news to maximise publicity impact. Theres no hurry and no need to tell us every minute detail as soon as it happens.

Relax weve got a long way to go and a long time to use up.
I am relaxed. I just cannot see the point in RL telling us that the players have 7 days to accept new deals when after 11days there in no update on the situation.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
oldage":jdel532r said:
I am relaxed. I just cannot see the point in RL telling us that the players have 7 days to accept new deals when after 11days there in no update on the situation.

I believe Ryan Lowe said he had "asked" for a response within 7 days. As HC Green has said they have until 24th to tell the club their intentions. We know some have - Sarcevic has turned the offer down. Three youngsters have accepted. In an interview last week Lowe said that he was in discussions with some members of the squad. Some of them may have accepted, some may be negotiating.

We will know as and when. Saying that there is a deadline and us knowing if anyone has accepted it or not are not the same thing. By the 24th I guess we will know the position. Announcements will be drip fed. 3 youngsters on Friday, couple more on Monday maybe, couple more on Tuesday then maybe one more on Wednesday.

Then comes the interesting bit as we try and work out what gaps we have.

If we are not starting until September then I wouldnt think the squad will be assembled to a 90% level until mid August.

Jul 12, 2016
falmouthgreen":106l7re2 said:
Wootton and Mcfadzean will sign tomorrow...………...prediction

Hope you are keeping well.
Have you been on a clairvoyant course during the lockdown?

Dec 20, 2011
Oldage

I am fine

Just been rubbing my crystal balls! Hence my prediction.

Also Jephcott may find a move to Cardiff vey tempting. Nod Nod WINK WINK!

Trust you are well.

Jan 12, 2020
falmouthgreen":3vroy13p said:
Oldage

I am fine

Trust you are well.

Wouldn’t we be owed money for Jephcott if he did go elsewhere?

Jul 12, 2016
falmouthgreen":2x637zja said:
Oldage

I am fine

Trust you are well.
:thumbup:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Drake":3ahf5nnt said:
falmouthgreen":3ahf5nnt said:
Oldage

I am fine

Trust you are well.

Wouldn’t we be owed money for Jephcott if he did go elsewhere?

Yes. It strikes me that the other way a deal like this could work is for him to be loaned back for a season immediately. That way a club like Cardiff get ‘ownership’ of the young player with potential, avoid having immediate cash outlay by loaning him back in lieu of any payment (perhaps with a small sell-on clause also) whilst also ensuring that he gets to develop at a club where he is settled and likely to get a decent amount of playing time at a higher level than he has played at before. That would be a win-win-win (of sorts) for all parties involved.