Ridsdale is now on Twitter | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ridsdale is now on Twitter

Jul 29, 2010
The Doctor":pnjit7xv said:
To me, the interesting thing about both the twitter feed (which I haven't looked at yet) and the blog (which I have) is that they are both new. The first content on the blog is dated 17th August which was last Wednesday. So, what has prompted Ridsdale to take time out from all of the other things he is doing to set up both a blog and a twitter account? Why does he need these communication tools now?

The blog seems to me to be angled towards giving his income-generation stream as a public speaker greater visibility. It's almost as if he knows that he is going to be in the public spotlight and, perhaps, in need of personal income, in the near future. Mind you, it has to be said that the set up of the blog and the quality of the writing on it is really rather rubbish for someone who seems to be so concerned about their image and the way they are portrayed in the media.

As Gareth pointed out, and as the first comment posted on the blog indicates, the entry on retail banking does come across as if some bank has recently made his life difficult by not giving him something he wanted.

............and that came as some surprise to him why exactly?. He's buying a basket case business and comes with a dubious track record together with an impending court case bail form. Would you lend to him?.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
"Not taken anything in fees"

Dr Sceptismo on August 22, 2011 at 10:10 am
This looks like a ‘poor me’ post about someone bitter at being turned down for credit facilities or a loan. Perhaps the bank in question thinks that giving money to a man accused of fraud with a track record of financial mismanagement isn’t necessarily the best investment.

Of course, we know lots about pay and bonuses in the banking sector. Maybe if there was clarity about how much you’re taking out of Argyle every month in comparison to your would-be £1 investment we’d be able to make a fair assessment as to the point of you being at Home Park.

peter ridsdale on August 22, 2011 at 11:56 am
sadly you do not address the content of the blog you just appear to have a preconceived and potentially assertive view of the impossible task of saving Argyle. i am not currently taking anything in fees until such time as the deal is concluded and as for buying the club for one pound, that is in exchange for taking on millions of pounds of liabilities. an attempt to create honest debate re an important national topic appears to have been hijacked by someone who is illinformed and clearly appears to have a personal agenda! ‘

A

Argylejen82

cheshiregreen":19c6b9gi said:
"Not taken anything in fees"

Dr Sceptismo on August 22, 2011 at 10:10 am
This looks like a ‘poor me’ post about someone bitter at being turned down for credit facilities or a loan. Perhaps the bank in question thinks that giving money to a man accused of fraud with a track record of financial mismanagement isn’t necessarily the best investment.

Of course, we know lots about pay and bonuses in the banking sector. Maybe if there was clarity about how much you’re taking out of Argyle every month in comparison to your would-be £1 investment we’d be able to make a fair assessment as to the point of you being at Home Park.

peter ridsdale on August 22, 2011 at 11:56 am
sadly you do not address the content of the blog you just appear to have a preconceived and potentially assertive view of the impossible task of saving Argyle. i am not currently taking anything in fees until such time as the deal is concluded and as for buying the club for one pound, that is in exchange for taking on millions of pounds of liabilities. an attempt to create honest debate re an important national topic appears to have been hijacked by someone who is illinformed and clearly appears to have a personal agenda! ‘

Impossible mmm not encouraging is it!

A

Anonymous

Gareth Nicholson":172gtzix said:
His blog post about banks being unwilling to deal with certain sectors is very interesting. Is he subconsciously revealing that he's been unable to arrange credit facilities for PAFC125?

Gareth, you might be right. The quote from his blog is,

"Forget lending, try opening a new account where you want to deposit millions of pounds on day one but you happen to be in a business sector that they wish to avoid. How are you supposed to pay your staff and bank the takings from customers? No risk to the bank, opportunity to earn profit from bank charges but in a sector that the bank has decided to avoid irrespective of the business case."

It appears it is not a question of wanting any credit or overdraft facilities. It is simply a matter of opening and operating a bank account for a fledgling company which will on day one have millions of pounds deposited within it (for the Football Creditor payments and working capital as part of the BIL deal). I must say my sympathies are totally with Peter Ridsdale on this one.

Nov 27, 2009
Plymouth.
Graham Clark":1bbbwi49 said:
Gareth Nicholson":1bbbwi49 said:
His blog post about banks being unwilling to deal with certain sectors is very interesting. Is he subconsciously revealing that he's been unable to arrange credit facilities for PAFC125?

"Forget lending, try opening a new account where you want to deposit millions of pounds on day one but you happen to be in a business sector that they wish to avoid. How are you supposed to pay your staff and bank the takings from customers? No risk to the bank, opportunity to earn profit from bank charges but in a sector that the bank has decided to avoid irrespective of the business case."

It appears it is not a question of wanting any credit or overdraft facilities. It is simply a matter of opening and operating a bank account for a fledgling company which will on day one have millions of pounds deposited within it (for the Football Creditor payments and working capital as part of the BIL deal). I must say my sympathies are totally with Peter Ridsdale on this one.

Good afternoon Dr.Sceptismo :thumbup:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Graham Clark":3h63ko81 said:
Gareth Nicholson":3h63ko81 said:

Its one of lifes ironies at the moment that the only way you can buy a home ticket by debit/credit card is via the GT's who have card facilities set up but not through the club, who dont!

Strange world.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Interesting to see the statement that:

i am not currently taking anything in fees until such time as the deal is concluded and as for buying the club for one pound, that is in exchange for taking on millions of pounds of liabilities.

I'd say the key word there was 'currently', leading to the suggestion that a not inconsiderable amount of those 'liabilities' after the sale of the club will be to Mr P Ridsdale Esq.

Jul 6, 2011
Torbay Green
Definitely tw@tter this whole process to me feels like one big lie and what if these mystery backed consortium are really made the fuc£nificent seven? If so this all makes sense why there is no money coming in and everything as usual is never on time it's almost feeling again like the record has broken and stuck on the same part, that being last seasons lack of effort and urgency and utmost interest in the football side of things. :twisted:

May 22, 2006
Gareth Nicholson":3rfqg1bt said:
Interesting to see the statement that:

i am not currently taking anything in fees until such time as the deal is concluded and as for buying the club for one pound, that is in exchange for taking on millions of pounds of liabilities.

I'd say the key word there was 'currently', leading to the suggestion that a not inconsiderable amount of those 'liabilities' after the sale of the club will be to Mr P Ridsdale Esq.

Anybody know the definition of the word 'currently?' Does it bear any relation to the words 'future' or 'past?'

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
BirchyGreen":3ih9onzk said:
Is it really him?

Seems unlikely to me - not a verified account.

The latest tweets to Rio Ferdinand and Richard Branson would seem unlikely as well - no previous tweets to either of them and the only previous ones to Lord Sugar!