Ridsdale is ON board | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ridsdale is ON board

L

Laughter My Ploy

GreensOnScreen":fsmix87f said:
argyleiggy":fsmix87f said:
Sparksey; I was talking to Peter Ridsdale on Saturday and he said he will be the new CEO.
Lee; Best I don't comment on that on air. :lol:

A very important point, both for accuracy and for legal reasons: Gordon did not say that. He merely said that he had heard mutterings, but did not say who they were from. There was absolutely no suggestion that it was from Ridsdale, and for all we know, it could just have been the general talk that we have all heard before.

Feb 29, 2008
Laughter My Ploy":280ra90n said:
GreensOnScreen":280ra90n said:
argyleiggy":280ra90n said:
Sparksey; I was talking to Peter Ridsdale on Saturday and he said he will be the new CEO.
Lee; Best I don't comment on that on air. :lol:

A very important point, both for accuracy and for legal reasons: Gordon did not say that. He merely said that he had heard mutterings, but did not say who they were from. There was absolutely no suggestion that it was from Ridsdale, and for all we know, it could just have been the general talk that we have all heard before.

What Sparksey said;
"I had a chat with Peter Ridsdale on Saturday and there were mutterings that he would be the new chief exec."

Don't let me put words into your mouth, but I took it to assume it was PR who made the mutterings, I mean I haven't joined up two different conversations have I?

P

PlymptonPilgrim

bubba":391hwo5n said:
Chris Dawson has done well for himself from being a frugal and clever businessman, he will not be buying the ground for love or lack of opportunity.
This is worrying if it turns out to be correct

Worrying indeed.

He is not an Argyle and has no love for football.

Why then, would he be interested in buying the ground?

Not for the benefit of PAFC, I would suggest.

M

Mike Hughes

PlymptonPilgrim":185ujqm2 said:
bubba":185ujqm2 said:
Chris Dawson has done well for himself from being a frugal and clever businessman, he will not be buying the ground for love or lack of opportunity.

Worrying indeed.

Advertising- CDS Stadium or The Range Park :)

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PlymptonPilgrim":wna2zuuh said:
bubba":wna2zuuh said:

Worrying indeed.

If he buys the ground then I'm sure he will expect to make money out of it. That's natural. BUT, he is at least a Plymothian and maybe he does have a little bit of philanthropy in him. He could easily make a decent return on Home Park without fleecing the club for an exhorbitant rent and along the way he can get some good PR and marketing opportunities for his core business and put something back into the city.

Oct 25, 2006
Peverell
PlymptonPilgrim":2kfrqkwi said:
bubba":2kfrqkwi said:

Worrying indeed.

I'm not worried, and I don't think Chris Dawson is about to do any business involving Argyle.

A

Anonymous

I can confirm that Peter Reid and Peter Ridsdale met Chris Dawson in the
Rose and Crown in Yealmpton on Friday night for about half an hour. I have known Chris for about 20 years. He has no love for football as many others have said but he does have the eye for a good marketing opportunity. I suspect any 'investment' that may result will be limited to some form of sponsorship rather than the football side of things. Naming rights for the stadium perhaps?

C

Charlie Wood

Milehouse Man":2b0q5gy6 said:
Rose and Crown in Yealmpton on Friday night for about half an hour. I have known Chris for about 20 years. He has no love for football as many others have said but he does have the eye for a good marketing opportunity. I suspect any 'investment' that may result will be limited to some form of sponsorship rather than the football side of things. Naming rights for the stadium perhaps?

Who paid the bill, was there a rush for the toilets whilst they were all trying to outfumble each other :)

Charlie Wood":7jhtbqfz said:
Milehouse Man":7jhtbqfz said:

Who paid the bill, was there a rush for the toilets whilst they were all trying to outfumble each other :)

Ridsdale put it on a tab and told them to send it to c/o Cardiff City.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Milehouse Man":24cpy7md said:

The words of the song, 'Home Home on The Range' some how come to mind.
There could be mileage with that little ditty.